Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Symptoms at three months out.

[85...]

[85...]

I am approaching three months benzo free! (Yay :))

I am starting to feel better cognitive wise, but am starting to see strange new symptoms.  The most troublesome is this sudden feeling of pressure around my head.  This is usually accompanied by a floaty head feeling and some brain fog. Usually also accompanied by extreme anxiety and sometimes full on panic attack.  I get this way once or twice a day lately.

I've also noticed that I'm super fatigued and also have seen a return in morning anxiety.  Its as though as soon as I open my eyes I am gasping for breath and feeling immense panic.

I went to the doctor on Friday to get checked out (just to set my mind at ease and make sure I checked out medically). My doc did a full physical, neurological tests (because of my floaty head symptom) and lots of blood work. Everything came back ok from the exam, but my vitamin d was low.

Does anyone else have these weird symptoms at three months out?  My doc didn't have an explanation for me and she doesn't believe in benzo wd (I even printed and highlighted copies of the ashton manual and wiki article on benzo wd for her to look at)

I'm at a loss. It sure would be reassuring to attribut it to benzo wd and concentrate on healing.

Oh, I ct'd from a large dose of restoril (30-60 mg per nite) in March-after using benzos for close to 5 yrs.

Your thoughts?

Nicole

Hi Fieldychan

I need to ask a favor of you to add a signature to your profile so everyone can better understand how to help you.

Here are some directions on how to make a signature;

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=9432.0

Congratulations on almost 3 months out, that's a big accomplishment!!

At 3 months out I was still pretty severe with symptoms, it's still a bit early in recovery. I had the head pressure too, it would come and go and every time it came back is was less intense, it's gone for me now, thankfully. The fatigue is something else! it took me a long time to get where I felt even half my energy level was back. It may take some time for this to go away, but it will.

Hang on buddie  :hug:

Hi Fieldychan,

I'm almost three months out from jumping off Ambien. Lately I've had symptoms very similar to yours. I wake up feeling panicked, I've felt like there's a band around my head and had headaches.  Sleep quality has been poor too.

-katie

[85...]

Sorry about the sig. I use my phone and I can't get to the normal site with it. I will try to get on the computer at the library soon and add a sig.

Thanks for the reply though.  I know three months is early...especially following a ct. Sometimes the anxiety is so severe it feels like the world is crashing down on me. I'm starting to become so fragile. I'm afraid that I'll just get one of these "attacks" when I'm at work, then get in trouble at work then lose my job etc. It's the whole worst case scenario benzo brain pattern I think.

Your symptoms at 3 months sound very familiar to me!  I actually had all of those plus about 20 more.  The fourth month is when things started to turn around for me, when my symptoms started letting up a bit.

[85...]

Thanks Perseverance :)

That is sooo comforting to know. I can hang on another month. I hope this storm passes quickly!

You guys are the best, and I don't know what I would do without BB!