Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

6th week without xanax

hey everyone,  things are looking up im still having some symtoms such as headaches and small amount of disorentation, my whole head feels like its being squeezed, usally comes on after keeping busy all day and being tired, also if my sinuses are clogged i feel like its hard to breath which it is but it triggers some anxiety. i had a question about caffiene. is it best to stop drinking caffiene while recovering, i seemed to have real bad nights while drinking soda but thought it was just the recovery process thanks,Bill

Most members agree that caffeine can rev up their symptoms.  Congratulations for being 6 weeks benzo-free.

Patty  xoxo

[8f...]

Congrats!!!

Hopefully the other sx's will subside soon.

And yes, at this time it would be best to stop the caffeine, or you could try decaf.

Everything in moderation.  :thumbsup:

S#

I know that head squeeze feeling all too well  :(

As far a caffeine goes, I would recommend experimenting. I used to drink a couple of big glasses of iced tea every day but when my symptoms were really cranked up I cut it out completely. When I started feeling a little better I decided to try a decaf coffee one day (which contains a minimal amount of caffeine) and was amazed at how much more alert it made me feel so lately I have been drinking a limited amount of caffeine every day as a pick me up. One Coke Zero with 34mgs of caffeine usually does the trick.

My sinuses get clogged too and this raises my anxiety level...the only thing that helps is those saline solutions you spray into your nose.

The other thing that happens to me everyday is that I need to clear my troath a lot...

I think it is the amount of dust in my home because in the last couple of months I have not kept the place as clean due to feeling so lousy...

and I think once I start clearing my troath my anxiety level rises and then I need to clear it again and again...wich makes me more stressed and so on and so forth...so I think in my case it is part real and part " psychological "

Wow, thanks everybody that helps, maybe ill try drinkin sprite or something in moderation. thanks again for the support.