Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

"Phantom" aches and pains???

Could it be that we experience "phantom" pains during withdrawal?

I have been feeling a severe and persistent ache similar to that I used to feel when I had (confirmed) ovarian cysts - but I have had an ultra sound and was told that my ovaries and their vicinity looked just fine.

If everything we have experienced is "located on the hard disk" then this is not as far fetched as it may look/sound.

:crazy:Lexotania

Could it be that we experience "phantom" pains during withdrawal?

I suppose that it is a possibility.  Benzos do all kinds of strange things to people  >:(

Well, I think the answer is that all of our w/d symptoms are technically "phantom" symptoms... I mean, as far as I know they are all harmless, and instead of there being something pysically there  to cause them, they are caused by the lack of something (benzos). Not sure if this is along the lines you were thinking.. if not, could you explain exactly what you're meaning by "phantom"?

Holly