Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

New Here/ Looking for help

[sr...]

hello looking for help or information.  I believe I just became dependent on .5mg of ativan 2 weeks ago...I quit taking it for 9 days and by the 9th day felt i was going psychotic...mind constantly racing....obsessive intrusive thoughts...etc...was always only a prn user until massive panic attacks hit 8 weeks ago.  quit alcohol may 2nd...any advice on how to taper and how bad wd symptoms will be

Hi srventures

As a guideline we generally recommend to taper 10% every 7 to 14 days. How often are you taking it per day?

right now I am on .5mg ativan 2x per day....trying to stabilize on that....had never taken it daily for more than 3 days straight and that was about 3 weeks ago when out of the country

[8f...]

srventures,

I'm sorry you're having a bad time with this.

Personally, I would try to stabilize on the Ativan.

Don't cut until you stabilize.

Once you stabilize, we recommend, as Star said.. taper 10% every 7-14 days.

Sigma.

Hi srventures,

Do I understand correctly that you've been taking it daily for 2 weeks, and prior to that it was only as needed?

If this is the case, you could probably go ahead and start reducing by .125 mgs (1/4 of a .5 mg pill) every 7 days or so.

Tolerance and physical dependence to these drugs sneek up on us, and it sounds like this may have happened to you.

Congrats on your sobriety, btw. :)

my trouble is stabilizing....one day it feels like i'm taking too much then the next day is not enough....is it even possible to stablizie on ativan?  Im thinking of switching to klonnopin and do a 4 week crossover.  I have never taken a stable dose until trying the last 3 days after unknowingly doing a 9day cold turkey that about killed me.