Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

What is the jump off point for temazepam?

[to...]

I started with 30 mg of temazepam and am now down to 5 mg.  I have been cutting 0.5 mg every other day.  The smallest therapeutic dose is 7.5 mg.  Should I taper all the way to 0.5 mg, or jump off sooner?

Since you are below the therapeutic dose,  I think it is safe to jump now.  It's more of a psychological thing at this point, I think.  Some people feel more comfortable going really low on their dose before jumping while others want to get it over with (I was in the latter category).  Congrats on getting so low in such a sensible way.  :clap:  You are almost there.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the input.  I'm going with a four day dash to the finish line plan!  I took 5 mg last night, taking 4 mg tonight, then 3 mg tomorrow, then 2 mg Wednesday, then 1 mg Thursday.  Friday I cross the first finish line!

Thanks to all my BenzoBuddies for seeing me through this.  I'd be a disaster if it were not for you all.  Thanks to your advice, I managed to only miss one day of work during my taper.

Thanks and God bless.

• 1 month later...

Hi totallyhooked.  Do you sleep ok now without the temazepam?  How long did it take your body to get used to sleeping without it?

• 4 weeks later...
My sleep returned to normal 2 weeks after I completed my tapering, but bear in mind I began taking Doxepin and also take Soma and Remeron for sleep.  My mental functioning is 10x better and my memory is better than it's been in 20 years.