Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Temazepam Can't be Tapered?

[pe...]

I read on another benzo withdrawal site that temazepam can't be tapered slowly because it is not a pill and is therefore insoluble. Is this true in others' experience?

Thanks,

Patsy

We've had lots of members who tapered off temazepam and as far as I know, benzos are insoluble, too, so that shouldn't be an issue.  I thought you were already titrating off of it.  Am I confusing you with someone else?

No, that's me. But I need to go really slow, and I'm not sure what rate to try. I cut about half a mg in one week, and I am currently feeling crazy anxious and crazy depressed at the same time. So I am stuck at 15mg nightly until I can figure out what to do. I just don't want to be stuck here forever, and it feels like that. I don't know if I should split doses or what. I am feeling confused and upset.

I started at 30mg end of January, did fine with the whole 100mL thing until the beginning of March and then started having withdrawal symptoms. I tapered off of Seroquel and am down to 15mg temazepam right now.

Started back to work very part time and the boss is giving me flak about going back full time. Feeling stressed out on top of all the other crap.

The other benzo site stated that valium was soluble, but only in milk. That's why I was wondering if I need to cross over.

Patsy