Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

For dry taper-considering getting a more precise scale--any advice?

[BW...]

Hi all,

I'm tapering off of Lorazepam (I'm on approx. .9mg dosage, down from 1.50mg dosage--I need to update my profile).  I'm doing a dry cut and hold taper, cutting 5% of previous dose every 2 weeks.  I have a Gem20 scale that doesn't seem to be sensitive enough as I make smaller cuts.  Weighing the entire dose for the day instead of just the dose I'm cutting helps a little (I take it in 4 doses/day), but I'm afraid as I get lower it won't be as accurate.  It's already bouncing around a lot.  I'm hesitant to switch to liquid as I'm usually pretty sensitive to meds.  I'm considering spending about $100 on what seems to be a more precise scale. 

Any advice on a getting a more precise scale, or suggestions on continuing the dry cutting and making sure it's accurate?

Thanks in advance,

BWarrior

Hi BWarrior-

You may find some helpful ideas on this page, Benzo Dry Taper Math?  https://benzodrytapermath.com.  It was put together by one of our members Bob7.  He talks about using a "filler" when weighing the lower doses - this might be an idea worth considering for you.

Brighterday

If you really want a more precise and reliable scale, you're looking at spending over $1000, which, if it helps that much, it might be worth it, as it was in my case.

I hope hereforhelp will correct me if I’m wrong, but according to his signature, he is using this scale:

Sartorius BCE64-1S

That is correct, Libertas. Thanks for helping out. I'm sorry I missed these replies. If you want to PM me, I'll be happy to provide more about where I got it.