Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Can anyone tell me why

15 months out and I feel like I can't think,brain feels numb this is scarying me I don't know what's wrong I've had enough

I'm sorry that you are still hurting so bad.  I don't know at what point we refer to our symptoms as protracted but I'm definitely there.  I know you must be getting so tired of all this.

All we can do is hang on and just get thru today.  You aren't alone my friend.  :)

Thankyou Whoopsie for reassurance, I have spoken to a physciatrist and another health worker recently of what I've been through with the valium and their like you wouldn't be like this 15 months down the track, and it leaves me confused and angry,and to make matters worse I met a lady who told me she is on 2 tabs of valium a day and has been for 3 months and I didn't want to frighten her but warned her what happened with me with c/t to be careful and not be on it long term and I think I've frightened her,but I feel she needed to know.

normal healing time is said to be 6-18 months, anything after that is considered protracted.  Everyone is different so we are unable to predict anything unfortunately.

[66...]

Once I'm off, I think I'll give myself 2 years to heal.

I hope I'm wrong, but no one knows.

I hope you heal soon.  :mybuddy:

• 2 weeks later...

Thankyou BB's

I have know just stop pristiq,and having horrible effects from that, As unwell as I am I feel I should be doing something then just sitting around waiting to get better.I haven't worked for 4 years,and are very fearful to at the moment, but thought of doing a small business course at college, its 2 days a week for 6 months but don't know if I can handle it but just don't want to sit around anymore because that is driving me crazy, should I just take the plunge and do the course and not worry how I am or how people will percieve me.Thanks Lisa

I am new to this forum and all this benzo stuff so I can not tell you how long but nothing last forever. Less you thing about it better for you. Lot of is in our mine and how we perceive. And the fact you are not busy leave you to think much about you and to check all your symptoms all the time. I know it is hard start some job after long time off but try. It will be better. Or any kind of distraction. Don't think much what other thinks (that is also my prob and try to deal with it) cause they have their own lives and problems so be sure they will not think about you. And usually they don't notice when you are not in the mood, to say like that. I was like a drunk, my balance was horrible, talking was too hard, need few sec to remember what to say or answer and I was working in restaurant as a waitress. For me was so hard to turn my head when someone was calling me and I did so slowly. I thought that everyone looking at me and think 'what is wrong with her'. The truth is nobody notice. My problem was that I couldn't work cause I was so week and tired which gave me mmore stress and I didn't need it.

Anyway my point is distraction, and don't think about others.

Take care

Marija