Benzo Free!

[mi...]

This is the end of day 1 I kinda got tired of taking K and chopping it up so I jumped after three days of .25mg

Thanks guys, I am five days off benzos and the only side effects that I know for sure are from the benzos are trouble falling asleep I am going to bed at 3am and waking up around 9am but at least I am sleeping! and I have increased anxiety theres been a few times where I totally would have taken the benzos but im holding off. As far as weird side effects my teeth hurt! like a sinus infection hurt and I have a really bad cough but its all dry (I think im going to see my GP to make sure its nothing else) and I get headaches but so far thats it.

Thanks for the support

Mike

Hi Mike, keep us posted about the coughing. I have that annoying cough and it makes everthing worse (increases heart rate, caused papls to come forth). I cough and there is nothing there - it came out of no where. I read a few posts that suggested that coughing was a sx so I try not to worry. My doc thinks I am a drama queen so I dare to contact her. I have no fever or anything so I am convincing myself it is a sx.

Happy Tuesday!

I was coughing a lot and my sinuses were congested, all clear as you say Mike... I am feeling this is WD, but check with your doc. I gave up on going to docs for now as everything i feel has pretty much been confirmed as WD. They will usually just say your normal, even though your a basket case... sigh

5 days out is really early... Trust , trust that you are feeling better each and every day. Do your best to avoid taking a benzo, it will only set you back...

Lu

So I went to the dentist and he checked everything out and started asking if I was stressed out ect... I told him not that I can think of, I didn't want to explain the whole benzo story my dentist. He stated I must be more stressed that I think and that I am grinding my teeth really bad. I saw him a few months ago and he said my teeth were perfect and now a few months later they are starting to get flat so I got a mouth guard. sweet benzos have done more damage and a $500 dentist bill.

Anxiety is still worse

Cough is still present and bad

Teeth hurt from grinding at night bought a cheap Walmart guard that doesn't work

headaches are getting better

Day 8

Will post again when symptoms change

Thanks,

Mike

Mike--

Good going, Buddie. Will follow your progress. Though I am not yet free, I have times when I want to take more than 0.25 mgs Klon/day, such as last night: wanted a 0.5 to accompany my 200 mgs/traz, but did not cave. Didn't even wear earplugs, as is my lifelong habit, and slept pretty well. In a homeless shelter, of all places.

Nice of the dentist to comment on your apparent stress. I hate when others call me out on increased anxiety, as in, 'You seem really nervous...". Emeff, you have NO idea. NONE. Even if you *are* a dentist, and can make that clinical call. It IS stressful to try to appear as though I'm OK, and I guess there should be no self-flagellation--should just get on with it and focus on freedom.

hate those effin benzos. Luck and prayers with the teeth.

jd

Mike--

Good going, Buddie. Will follow your progress. Though I am not yet free, I have times when I want to take more than 0.25 mgs Klon/day, such as last night: wanted a 0.5 to accompany my 200 mgs/traz, but did not cave. Didn't even wear earplugs, as is my lifelong habit, and slept pretty well. In a homeless shelter, of all places.

Nice of the dentist to comment on your apparent stress. I hate when others call me out on increased anxiety, as in, 'You seem really nervous...". Emeff, you have NO idea. NONE. Even if you *are* a dentist, and can make that clinical call. It IS stressful to try to appear as though I'm OK, and I guess there should be no self-flagellation--should just get on with it and focus on freedom.

hate those effin benzos. Luck and prayers with the teeth.

I am glad you did not cave in! I had a job interview today and luckily I was waiting in the break room before they called me back. But I went to my interview with out the medicine (I should throw it away). Had my panic attack and then talked my self down, good thing I was waiting for another 20 min. by the time I had my interview I was calm and didn't need the meds. Totally not worth ever taking it again better to let the anxiety and panic run its course only lasts for 20 min. anyways I am glad that you didn't take a higher dose JD. Good luck! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

How are you doing now Mike, can we have an update??

I am about 80% better I get the lingering anxiety and maybe once every couple days a panicky feeling and blurred vision/choking feeling

Good job on becoming Benzo free. A lot of strange things may happen but you gotta stick it out. You've made it this far. I broke a tooth which I believe was from grinding my teeth. I bought a mouth guard that was about $30. i guess it helps... I explained to the dentist about the Benzo w/d but he just looked at me with a blank stare like everybody else. I just feel like nobody unerstands it!

I did take xanax and didnt really feel so bad when I didnt take it... But when the Dr put me on Klonopin for sleep  for 7 months , thats when I knew something was very wrong. I did a Valium taper and Im doing well now, I wish you all the best. Take care . :angel:

BIG congrats on your new "benzo free" life. :)

I'll be joining the club in less than 2 weeks.  Thank you so much for your updates...it's great to hear what sounds like is going to be a true success story.

All the best,

Schatje

Yeah! Thanks I feel pretty good today. I had a meeting and I didnt really get nervous at all. And even in my follow up phone meeting with questions I wasnt ready to answer, I did well.

Hope to hear of your recovery. Sounds like you are doing well too! :thumbsup:

Honeym,

I am glad to hear you are doing well.  It seems like you have hijacked Mike's Benzo free celebration.   Yours is "Jumped 3 days ago"

Wilcofan