Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Benzo Free!

[mi...]

This is the end of day 1 I kinda got tired of taking K and chopping it up so I jumped after three days of .25mg

Thanks guys, I am five days off benzos and the only side effects that I know for sure are from the benzos are trouble falling asleep I am going to bed at 3am and waking up around 9am but at least I am sleeping! and I have increased anxiety theres been a few times where I totally would have taken the benzos but im holding off. As far as weird side effects my teeth hurt! like a sinus infection hurt and I have a really bad cough but its all dry (I think im going to see my GP to make sure its nothing else) and I get headaches but so far thats it.

Thanks for the support

Mike

Hi Mike, keep us posted about the coughing. I have that annoying cough and it makes everthing worse (increases heart rate, caused papls to come forth). I cough and there is nothing there - it came out of no where. I read a few posts that suggested that coughing was a sx so I try not to worry. My doc thinks I am a drama queen so I dare to contact her. I have no fever or anything so I am convincing myself it is a sx.

Happy Tuesday!

I was coughing a lot and my sinuses were congested, all clear as you say Mike... I am feeling this is WD, but check with your doc. I gave up on going to docs for now as everything i feel has pretty much been confirmed as WD. They will usually just say your normal, even though your a basket case... sigh

5 days out is really early... Trust , trust that you are feeling better each and every day. Do your best to avoid taking a benzo, it will only set you back...

Lu

So I went to the dentist and he checked everything out and started asking if I was stressed out ect... I told him not that I can think of, I didn't want to explain the whole benzo story my dentist. He stated I must be more stressed that I think and that I am grinding my teeth really bad. I saw him a few months ago and he said my teeth were perfect and now a few months later they are starting to get flat so I got a mouth guard. sweet benzos have done more damage and a $500 dentist bill.

Anxiety is still worse

Cough is still present and bad

Teeth hurt from grinding at night bought a cheap Walmart guard that doesn't work

headaches are getting better

Day 8

Will post again when symptoms change

Thanks,

Mike

Mike--

Good going, Buddie. Will follow your progress. Though I am not yet free, I have times when I want to take more than 0.25 mgs Klon/day, such as last night: wanted a 0.5 to accompany my 200 mgs/traz, but did not cave. Didn't even wear earplugs, as is my lifelong habit, and slept pretty well. In a homeless shelter, of all places.

Nice of the dentist to comment on your apparent stress. I hate when others call me out on increased anxiety, as in, 'You seem really nervous...". Emeff, you have NO idea. NONE. Even if you *are* a dentist, and can make that clinical call. It IS stressful to try to appear as though I'm OK, and I guess there should be no self-flagellation--should just get on with it and focus on freedom.

hate those effin benzos. Luck and prayers with the teeth.

jd

Mike--

Good going, Buddie. Will follow your progress. Though I am not yet free, I have times when I want to take more than 0.25 mgs Klon/day, such as last night: wanted a 0.5 to accompany my 200 mgs/traz, but did not cave. Didn't even wear earplugs, as is my lifelong habit, and slept pretty well. In a homeless shelter, of all places.

Nice of the dentist to comment on your apparent stress. I hate when others call me out on increased anxiety, as in, 'You seem really nervous...". Emeff, you have NO idea. NONE. Even if you *are* a dentist, and can make that clinical call. It IS stressful to try to appear as though I'm OK, and I guess there should be no self-flagellation--should just get on with it and focus on freedom.

hate those effin benzos. Luck and prayers with the teeth.

I am glad you did not cave in! I had a job interview today and luckily I was waiting in the break room before they called me back. But I went to my interview with out the medicine (I should throw it away). Had my panic attack and then talked my self down, good thing I was waiting for another 20 min. by the time I had my interview I was calm and didn't need the meds. Totally not worth ever taking it again better to let the anxiety and panic run its course only lasts for 20 min. anyways I am glad that you didn't take a higher dose JD. Good luck! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

How are you doing now Mike, can we have an update??

I am about 80% better I get the lingering anxiety and maybe once every couple days a panicky feeling and blurred vision/choking feeling

Good job on becoming Benzo free. A lot of strange things may happen but you gotta stick it out. You've made it this far. I broke a tooth which I believe was from grinding my teeth. I bought a mouth guard that was about $30. i guess it helps... I explained to the dentist about the Benzo w/d but he just looked at me with a blank stare like everybody else. I just feel like nobody unerstands it!

I did take xanax and didnt really feel so bad when I didnt take it... But when the Dr put me on Klonopin for sleep  for 7 months , thats when I knew something was very wrong. I did a Valium taper and Im doing well now, I wish you all the best. Take care . :angel:

BIG congrats on your new "benzo free" life. :)

I'll be joining the club in less than 2 weeks.  Thank you so much for your updates...it's great to hear what sounds like is going to be a true success story.

All the best,

Schatje

Yeah! Thanks I feel pretty good today. I had a meeting and I didnt really get nervous at all. And even in my follow up phone meeting with questions I wasnt ready to answer, I did well.

Hope to hear of your recovery. Sounds like you are doing well too! :thumbsup:

Honeym,

I am glad to hear you are doing well.  It seems like you have hijacked Mike's Benzo free celebration.   Yours is "Jumped 3 days ago"

Wilcofan