Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

tachycardia last two days from withdrawls

im currently tapering//stabalizing. the last 2 days i have had a fast heart rate. 80 - 90's at rest 115-130 when doing stuff. my doctor doesnt  seem to concerned. is this a normal withdrawl symptom? am i freaking out over nothing?

Well, while it's a totally normal symptom and generally very uncomfortable but not harmful condition, I'm a bit surprised that your doctor didn't offer you a simple beta blocker rx to allievate this symptom.  If you are seeking relief (which I gather from your post that you are), then I would suggest asking your doctor about being perscribed something for this.  I have a home blood pressure/pulse kit that I use all the time and have been rx'ed beta blockers as needed throughout this experience.

I hope you get some relief soon!

:)

Hi V... its wds... you will be fine.  Its hard to go thru and scary... but all what you are feeling is "normal".  In the beginning these symptoms are very scary, you think your having heart attack, your heart is going to fail, you'll have a stroke.. but guess what.. none of that happens - hard to go thru... just realize it will be ok, you'll be fine.  Many before you on this site have gone thru this... that's why you are here to get the support and know it will be ok.  Its difficult going thru this... try to do some deep breathing, try walking, try listening to music you love...  you will be ok in time.  Hang in there dear V.. Always, Pattlu

Vardenafil,

I had tachycardia/heart palpitations/racing my first two months off of Ativan.  Very troubling feeling, I know.  For me, it was the worst upon waking and it was aggravated by any herbal supplement, vitamin, chocolate, and sugar.  I am almost at 5 months off, and while I would say I am definitely struggling with other symptoms,  I would say that I think the heart palps are gone (cross fingers).  Hang in there.    

Yes, ditto.  And my doctor also gave me betablockers which stopped this problem and felt much calmer and better.  Have suffered no side effects.