Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

two and a half weeks out, why does it feel like I am being poisoned by sleep?

Through all of my 10 tapers I've never had any symptoms that were more pronounced at any given part of the day, however, from the very first night forward after jumping off every morning it's like I am waking up out of a coma.  That's actually putting it mildly- I feel beyond horrible, but there is a definitely "can't wake up from a dead sleep" element to it that takes about an hour an a half to get past enough to the point of just being able to walk around the house in a limited manner and goes on for most of the day until just a little before bed.

I should mention that I am dreaming just fine and that this happens whether I get lots of sleep or get shorted on it.  It then takes until around 7pm for it to burn off which only gives me about two hour's relief before I start getting tired before bed, again.  (Hey, man, I'm just grateful for any relief!  :))

Anyone know what's up with this?  No biggie if I find out, since time will cure it whether I know what's causing it or not, but it does suck and it's just the weirdest thing, as it's the only stretch in my life where I've just continually woken up feeling dramatically worse than when I went to bed.  It really feeling like something is really not happening the right way.

[f8...]

Sweet,

Just a thought.  Have you had your cortisol levels checked? 

It may not hurt to have your thyroid levels checked again if you haven't.  I know you were hyper, but it may have burned out and headed towards hypo.  that's just another thought.  both of these could be very well fine.  if you do get your cortisol levels checked, if you don't already know, saliva is better than blood.  However, I hope this passes for you with no problems. 

I know what you mean about getting relief.