Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

3 months off and new symptoms- help!!

Hi,

I took my last dose of Ambien mid March of this year. I had a horrible acute withdrawal phase that seemed to get better over time and with the help of alternate meds. However, today I woke up feeling nauseated and gassy, also I seem to be having more headaches. Is this normal? I hate this icky nauseous feeling!!!!

Yes, this sounds common in wd. Many members complain of these symptoms. It's fondly called "benzo belly".

In fact if you typed that into the search box you will find a lot of comments about "benzo belly. It's temporary, I had it too but it's gone now, thank God!

I wondered if it could be due to anything you'd eaten or taken in the way of supplements, teas, etc.  That being said, I did get new symptoms several months after I was off.  Some only lasted hours, others days but nothing as bad as the acute phase.  Hope you feel better soon.