Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

help very nauseous and sick today

Don't know if i am posting the right way. This is my first forum.  Last night did not sleep but 41/2 broken hours was down to .125mg of klonopin and had been off ambien for a week.  feel very nauseous and sick. burning body and shaky.  i gave in this morning and took 1/3 of ambien  did not help and also another.25 of klonopin which did not give much of any help.  i dont know what to do tonight.  if i change to valium will that help me sleep and how much should i take since i started more klonopin.  ive been on it for 11months and never went any higher then .5.  can't believe i  feel so bad.  my body feels so chilled and my house is 77 degrees inside and 93 degrees outside.  Even when i stayed on the .25 dose for ii months i still had these symptoms but not as bad  they would lessen at night.  Thank you

There is a good possibility that Valium may help you sleep due to it's sedative effects, however nothing can be said with complete certainty.  If you would cross over to Valium it would still be from .125 mg of Klonopin. The .25 you took shouldn't set you back too much and could be considered a one-off increase since you only took the extra once (right?).

.125 mgs of klonopin =  about 2.5 mgs of valium.  And honestly at that much, I don't know how much it would help you to sleep and don't know if it is worth the trouble of going back to the doctors to a get a prescription and then doing a crossover.. etc.

It is possible that at this point the klonopin is the a cause of your symptoms. It would be best for you to continue tapering to perhaps .06 mgs or so and then think about jumping off.  You could taper further than that but it may not help you too much and isn't easy when dry cutting.

For nausea I found peppermint (natural) and ginger very helpful.  I know that when I had bad nausea it made all my other symptoms feel like they were 10x worse.  I hope you can continue moving forward and manage to stay away from taking any extra klonopin or ambien.

Crono

Hi Aura,

I too found peppermint tea helpful. For eating, I would stick to bland foods, and eat them while walking around the house to distract myself from the process of eating.

For sleeping I listened to guided hypnosis and guided meditations. I also listened to some self help audio books like Claire Weekes, "Pass Through Panic". Bodhipaksa has a nice soothing voice. Anyways, these would give my mind something to focus on so it would stop spinning like crazy and I could sleep for an hour or so. Then i'd play another audio and get another hour of sleep. It was better then nothing. Gradually, the hour would become two hours until finally I was getting 5-6 hours. Now my sleep is pretty much back.

The sleep thing sucks as you feel like it slows down the rest of your recovery, but it will pass, as will the nausea.

Also, for sleep, taking some Magnesium just before bed will relax your muscles. If you don't like swallowing pills like me, you can dissolve it in water and mix it with yogurt.

I drink chamomile tea before bed too. I don't really find it makes me sleepy, but the ritual of it is soothing.

This too shall pass,

-tanya