Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Need help from .125 xanax

Can anyone tell me what to do next?  I started at 1 mg xr once a day and now down to .125 once a day.  What do I do next?  Is it too early to just stop the xanax all together or do I break the .125 in half and take that twice a day or what?  Thank you!

I can't help you with how/when to taper and what amount to cut.  I am also tapering from xanax 0.5 3 x a day and everyone on here has helped me a lot.  My GUESS is it is too early to stop the xanax.  I am sure one of the moderators/administrators will see your post and help you.  I have had to ask for help as to when/how I taper.

I have tapered to a lesser amount with the help of this website.

You will do fine.

Gail  "This too shall pass"

The advice you got in your introduction thread from a couple people was cut it in half (0.0625mg) before you jump, that's pretty typical of a direct Xanax taper. You've only been on it 5? days though, you should probably wait a bit.