Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

need help on change over

[...]

I need help to change over to valium.  Been trying to get off of .25mg of klonopin with awful success.  past 4 days have taken .125 at night been getting intemitten sleep but at least 7 hours in all.    Last night was horrid could not fall asleep then only got about 4hrs . tried taking 1/3 of ambien that only gave me an extra 20 min.  feel nauseated, burning chest ,shaky and low body temperature. was ready to jump out of my skin. At about 7:00 itook another .125 then a couple hours later took another .125.  How do i switch over to valium.  Do i take the valium at night and will it make me tired during the next day .  i dont want to start taking ambien again. Ive been off that for a week with little problems except for last night.  I feel a mess and only been on .25-.5 for almost a year. Even through the year ive had most of these symptoms off and on.  Does anyone get tightness under the breast in front like in diaphram area.  Doctor tells me the symptoms are from anxiety not the klonopin.  I usually feel worst in the morning then better in late afternoon.  I see my doctor tomarrow and want her to change me to valium. She wants to put me on abilify but ive herd bad reports on it 

I am sorry you are going thru this.  It is awful, I know.  I dont know much about Ambien but do know that .25mg of K = 5mg of Valium.  I would try to get the dr to give enough Valium (5mg) to compensate for the K.  Cross over either your morning dose or evening dose to Valium, keep the .125 K for the other dose, stabilize on the first part of the c/o and do the other.  I c/o to Valium within a few weeks.  I had to substitute 3 separate doses over this time.  So you will need a little K also.  Others will come and know more.  I am learning as I go.......

Renee gave you some good ideas for the crossover.

It's best to switch out only one dose at a time.

For example, it you currently take .125 mgs in the morning and again in the evening, try switching out your morning dose to Valium first. .125 mgs Klon = 2.5 mgs Valium.  Hold this for a week or two before switching out the evening dose.

Once you are completely on Valium and no more Klonopin, hold for a week or so, as it takes a while for Valum to build up in the body.

You may experience some fatigue and sedation with the Valium, but this feeling will eventually pass as your body adjusts.

Just so you know:

Klonopin    =      Valium

.50 mgs                10 mgs

.25 mgs                  5 mgs

.125 mgs                2.5 mgs

.0625 mgs              1.25 mgs