Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Is anyone experiencing numbness in recovery?

I just want to know if anyone else has experienced numbness. I can get it any where on my body or all over my body and it is there most of the time in varying degrees. I have done good most of the time in my mental state in handling it by telling myself it will eventually go away, but as time is going by and I don't really read anyone else talking about it I start to worry and wonder if I should be concerned. I also in the last several weeks am starting to have difficulties with sleep, which I did not have in the beginning of recovery. Does anyone have experiences they can share so I don't feel so alone in my issue, not that I want others to suffer. Thanks.

[57...]

I started to feel numbness around eight weeks out.  This is also when my sleep trouble started. I started waking up around one or two and couldn't get back to sleep. This lasted several weeks.

I hope this is helpful :)

[7a...]

Hi there,

I have experienced numbness in my feet occasionally. It's not constant.. when it does come and go, it's like it completely falls asleep.

S#

Hi,

I had alot of numbness during my taper and I also remember being distressed that no one else seemed to have this symptom.  I would go numb on the left side of my body for long periods of time , then that went away and the whole left side of my face would go numb , then my legs would go numb, hands, it was scary and at times I was sure I was having a stroke.  Now, it's all gone except for a occasional foot falling asleep or tingling in the fingers.  Hope this goes away for you soon.  Ginia