Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Im like "Halfway" on ashton

[wh...]

HI,

I finally managed to switch my daytime doses of ativan to valium but I cant sleep without the ativan at night . Im pretty  :idiot: :'( <---like that right now and am also having chronic headache.

Any advice or experience with switching that nighttime dose or .....try and taper them seperately????

Thanks

Most folks do the complete crossover to Valium, then begin their taper, am I to understand you only switched part of your dose of Ativan before tapering?

I did that and it does but now im taking the ativan and the valium at nighttime. I suppose I will have to switch over totally to valium at night but I tried that one night (with substituted dose) and couldnt sleep at all. Im not in very good health so one night without any sleep is a big deal.

Yeah, I agree, to completely c/o to the Valium and then taper.  I understand the sleeping is a issue and you need the sleep but in my experience, you might have some nites you dont get much.  It it part of this awful process.  I hope all goes well and hang in there.

Renee

I will try and substitute part of the nighttime dose of ativan with valium. I checked the ashton manual and that thats the thing to do. Ive only been tapering for 4 weeks now and I think I might be going a bit fast.