Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Still Dry Cutting

[Mi...]

Hello dear friends:

I am still dry cutting my lorazepam.  My last cut was about 5 days ago.  I was at 0.75 mg (.25/.25/.25) and went to 0.625 (.125/.25/.25).  I could feel that cut, but am okay now.  I like the dry cutting, but realize I won't be able to do it until the end as I don't want to jump at .125.  I am not sure about the next cut either.  Should I stick with .125 (1/4 pill) at 6 am; then water titrate my cut at 2 pm, cutting 0.0625 mg (take a half a tablet and dissolve it and take one-fourth out)?  Then I would be taking .125/.1875/.25).  Then the next cut would I take .0625 off of the third dose of 0.25, so that would be .125/.1875/.1875.  Then continue taking 0.0625 off of second dose so it would be .125/.125/.1875 per day.  The next cut would be 0.0625 off of the last dose so it would be .125/.125/.125. 

Really, the .125 cut wasn't that harsh, but I did feel it more so than any other cuts.  I want to be brave and cut .125 off of each dose at least until I am at .125/.125/.125 each day, then go from there.  I don't know what really bad withdrawal symptoms are, and I don't think mine are all that bad as I really only had one day where I noticed it.....

I know I am making this complicated.  Don't want to go too fast, or go too slow!  If I can handle it and just cut .125 until I am at 1/4 tablet per dose, then I could water titrate the rest and cut 0.0625 each dose, or something like that.  Or am I dragging this out too long and thinking too much about it?  Oh what to do.  I just want to be off them quickly, without too much discomfort!

I hope everyone is doing well.  I am so thankful for all of you and all of your support!

Midwest :smitten:

Since you've been doing really well cutting .125mg so far, I'd probably continue that way for a while, Midwest.  After I got to .125mg 3x/day, I dropped my middle dose, then the morning one and finally the evening dose.  However, it's perfectly fine to go lower by doing a simplified titration.  You've been doing so well, I'm not sure you need to go that low on each dose but it may be the thing that helps ensure that your smooth taper continues. 

Hi Midwest:

Congrats on your progress so far.  You are coming along quite nicely.  Dry cuts are going to become more difficult are you get lower in dose.  I know you said you like to dry cut, but titration might offer you more flexibility, so I would give that some thought.  If your last cut went well, there is no reason why you can't do the same cut again.  When things get too difficult, perhaps switch over to titration.  Let us know how you are doing.

Draftsman  

Thank you Beeper and Draftsman:

I worry about this taper because I don't want things to get out of hand.  Right now I have really bad muscle pain.  I either pulled a muscle in my neck or pinched a nerve.   I did get to have a massage (thank the Lord), and it's just really sore now.  I am wondering if my muscle pain has escalated from this last dose.  I am thinking back and the muscle pain I originally had severe stress over got soooo much worse, just magnified, after I started the benzos!  I hope it settles down soon!  I am sooo close to being finished and am so thankful for that.  I don't want to drag this on over many many months!  

I won't be cutting for at least a week anyway, so I have a lot to think about and I am sure I will be asking more questions.  I am such a chicken when it comes to cutting doses!

Take care and thank you for your encouragement.

Midwest :smitten: