Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

DEFINATION OF A WINDOW.... DESCRIBE YOURS

Mine is where I either have a symptom gone completly , mostly ZERO anxiety , or that my symptoms are lessened and I can still function....Is this a window , even if all symptoms are still there but with less intensity? what is your window like?

[56...]

I had one two years ago before I found BB.  I did not know what I was doing in terms of coming off of it.  So I reinstated.  but during that time, I just felt this overwhelming sensation of peace and tranquility and just all these feel good feelings.  It lasted for about 20 minutes.  It felt so good.  I will never forget it.  like all my neurotransmitters were all in sinc.  Oh why did I reinstate.  Oh well, I can't worry about that now. 

But that's what mine felt like.  I guess that was a window.  I would like to believe it was.  Happened so quick too.  was laying in the bed moaning and groaning and just like THAT, it happened. 

[8e...]

I had a two month window.

I am still tapering, but there were no symptoms. It was like none of this ever happened.

Only way I can explain it, Laura.

Hang in there. x

S#

[56...]

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That must have felt so good Sig.  my twenty minutes felt good.  never forget it. 

Mamie

[8e...]

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That must have felt so good Sig.  my twenty minutes felt good.  never forget it. 

Mamie

It did, but come January of 2011, well the withdrawal came back.

But my days vary, I have a mixture of good with the bad like everyone else.

S#

Mine are constantly evolving. The first ones were when my sense of smell became heightened which brought back good memories for me. Then I started to just overall feel a little better. Then I had an AMAZING three hour window where I felt like I was floating in the clouds and everything was going to be right with the world for all of eternity.

Lately my windows have been more focused on my energy and motivation. Now when I wake up I usually feel a surge of energy flowing through my body. I haven't felt this in YEARS. I'm finally able to get things done for a change.

Here is a post from yesterday - Chest got tight, arm was tingling, got very lightheaded/faint and palpitations started.  It was scary - I feel so defeated.  I never would have dreamed of a s/x this severe this far into recovery.  Dejected but pushing on.

Here is a post during a window - It was so unexpected that I almost sat in my den chair all day to savor it - not wanting to mess it up.  But it was a beautiful day so I went out and visited several friends I had not seen in a while, then put the top down on my car and just drove out into the country listening to Aerosmith and thinking how good life is and will be again.  It tasted sooooo good!!!  Glorious!!!

Best, Billwill

For me, a window is when I feel almost the same as before I began taking benzos. It's like a feeling of  pre-benzo "normalcy".

Some windows are wide open for a few days, and some windows are only half-way open, meaning some s/x are lurking.

I've only had a few days in the past 5 months where the window slammed shut on me.  On those days I was so surprised and kept thinking, "C'maaaaawn.  Open - open - open", literally trying to will the window to open up again, even if it was by a baseball flying through it.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/theogrit/1sm460baseball.gif

That's just how I've always viewed it. ;)

I did too quick of a taper starting Jan. 2011. I haven't taken anything since the end of March. Most of May was filled with mainly depression. Since the last week of May I've been doing OK for the most part but still feel funny all of the time. It's barley been two weeks of this but I've been wondering if this is a window. I hoping I will keep progressing but I'm always afraid that this thing will come back out of nowhere. There have been other times in the past where I felt good part of the day but WD symptoms would return the next day. What I've been experiencing lately seems to be more consistant so I don't know what to make of it. I'm sure I'm not out of the woods.

I think a window is when your symptoms 'let up' enough to feel some relief. As your body slowly recovers, those windows will get closer and closer to feeling 'normal'. Then finally the windows will be times when you actually forget for a while that you are 'recovering' from anything. (this is where I am at). Then from what people have told me, the windows get wider/longer until that is all there is and you are 100% better!

So savor those windows and write about them in your blog or journal so you can remember them during the dreaded setbacks.

-Tanya

TanyaABQ "I think a window is when your symptoms 'let up' enough to feel some relief."

That's what I thought too but I didn't want fool myself as to what is going on with me. I guess any time I feel good it's a window. I heard about feelings euphoria during w/d. Well, when you're not feeling bad it's pretty euphoric !!!! So, I've been unsure about what I have been experiencing.

[8e...]
For me, a window is when I feel almost the same as before I began taking benzos. It's like a feeling of  pre-benzo "normalcy".

Missy described it well. It's the feeling like you had before any Benzo.

It's like feeling your old self.. that's what it is.