Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Tolerable or Stabilizing

Hi guys!!

I am confused with the actual word stabilize in your taper.  Considering the fact that I am tapering 1mg a week, on day 4, I feel the cut the most.  Basically, I don't feel you actually "stabilize", per say, but just need to continue to cut as long as the w/d are tolerable.  I mean, if we think of stabilizing to the point of feeling good, then we would never get off of this crap.  So I guess what I am saying to everyone, we have to go thru some hell to get to the other side.  With that being said, if the w/d are to the extreme, then yes hold for a while, otherwise keep moving forward.  Would others agree? 

Thx!

Yes, I see your point.  With stabilization during cuts, it's more a matter of going back to a baseline of feeling lousy vs. having exacerbated withdrawal symptoms brought on suddenly by a cut.  Hope you feel better.

Draftsman

[78...]

With me, I feel better after a cut. (This tells me it's the Benzo).

If I hold too long, for me the symptoms sometimes get worse.

Every cut is different. I personally think after holding so long, and the symptoms don't get any better, cut anyways.

Like others say, if we hold too long.. waiting for no symptoms, we would never get off the Benzo.

There have been times I felt symptoms after holding, and cut anyway, then feel better.

Everyone is different, I find.

I understand what you're saying. I'm just giving you my experience with it.

Also the symptoms change I find. Just know once off the Benzo, the symptoms are temporary and they will subside over time.

S#

Thanks to all.  I read the link that Pam put up and now I am a little concerned.  Someone put that Valium has a half life of a month,which I thought max was 200 hours, what does that actually mean??????  Do I need to worry about all of this catching up with me and slamming me at some time that is out of no where.  You know what I mean?????  I dont know.  I am doing so much better then before but does my body still think its getting 15mg of Valium instead of the 11mgs I am getting because a month hasn't passed.  I just cant wrap my brain around this one. 

Gees I didn't mean to cause your distress.  :(  I'd go with the half life in the published tables if I were you and not worry about the month statement.  We all interpret things we read differently based on our life experience, so please don't worry because that will just add to your troubles.

Pam, I am ok.  I don't want to come off like that.  I appreciate everything that you do on here.  Like I said before, you are a inspiration to me and all of us.  You know how our minds go and everything freaks me out.  :idiot: I obsess about stuff that I know is not real but the month deal was a shocker. 

Sigma,  I thought it was 200 hours.  Thx!

I sure do know how our minds go, I was afraid of everything and everyone, and I've never been a fearful person.  My fear left me though, and yours will too.  ;)