Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

stabilizing - what does it mean?

I am new to this and would like to know the definition of stabilizing between cuts.  Does this mean that a person holds the dose until the body gets used to it, ie the GABA part of the brain?  Therefore, should we feel somewhat better and ready to go on to the next cut.  It seems like the body could also develop tolerance thus causing problems and confusion as to whether to move on with the cut or not.  I hope I am making sense.

Thanks.

Shiloh

I am new to this and would like to know the definition of stabilizing between cuts.  Does this mean that a person holds the dose until the body gets used to it, ie the GABA part of the brain?  Therefore, should we feel somewhat better and ready to go on to the next cut.  It seems like the body could also develop tolerance thus causing problems and confusion as to whether to move on with the cut or not.  I hope I am making sense.

Thanks.

Shiloh

Hi Shiloh:

Yes, you have the idea.  However, not all people stabilize between cuts.  I always did to some degree though.

Draftsman

Thanks.

Shiloh

Hi Shiloh:

Yes, you have the idea.  However, not all people stabilize between cuts.  I always did to some degree though.

Draftsman

To add on to this, if you hold out long enough at any dose you should eventually stabilize.  If someone had a different experience I'd be interested to hear about it, but I would suspect that it probably did not involve holding long enough, especially if they were tapering off valuim which has a month long half life so you'd have to hold for at least that long past your last cut just for the dose in your body to stop dropping to even start trying to stabilize, if I understand that correctly.

[ab...]
However, not all people stabilize between cuts.

Draftsman is correct.

On Klonopin I never stabilized between cuts.

Usually there is some point of stabilization.

To me, it means tolerable.

S#