Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

anyone trying or tried the ashton manuel?

i'm seeing the doc on Mon and bringing him the ashton manuel, I've researched.. there's an old version that's free and an updated one that's $30-40 online, does it matter which one I get? anyone have experience and success with the older one? 

Yes, it appears so and marketing it as "the updated version." 

I just emailed the link with the version Draftsman posted to my doc to have a look at since I'm seeing him tomorrow morning.

I am using the Ashton method.  I think if you have a supportive dr then Valium is the best benzo to taper from. 

Good luck to you!

I am on the Ashton method. Started at 4 mg Ativan equal to 40 mg Valium and completed x/o to 40 mg valium and

am now down to 26 mg valium with a very slow taper of 1 mg per week in the am and then 1 mg per week in the

pm.  I recommend in highly.  I have been able to pretty much continue with my life.  Working full time.  I do admit

by Friday I am very tired and don't do much on the weekends but I know that is not forever.  I also have

nausea that makes it hard for me to eat but protien shakes and some fruit and vegetables help.  Have lost

21 lbs in 9 weeks but the Doctor isn't worried yet.  And it is getting better with the reduction in taper.

Good Luck and the Doctor.  Mine has been awesome so I pray your's will too.  Pam :)

[fe...]

I am using the Ashton Method. Started at 45mg of Valium from 2.25mg of Klonopin.

And let me tell you it works for me.. compared to a direct Klonopin taper, that was a nightmare! (It's no one shoe fits all, but I could have not tapered down this far if I had not crossed over).

Good luck to you.

S#