Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Terror and Paranoia

I've got terror and paranoia that have me on the couch that last ALL day with my heart racing and just scared out of my mind at everything.  Is this normal?  I'm 8 weeks off and symptoms are just raging out of control and I'm concerned about my thoughts.

thanks

Pauline

[02...]

Pauline,

it sounds as though you are describing me at eight weeks. All I could do was sit there and panic.  My big thing was thinking that every symptom I had was some horrible disease that had no cure.  It was the worst feeling.  I'm ten weeks out now from my ct.  Things are still not easy, but I do notice improvement in my hypochondriac panic.

Try to hang in there :) what you're going through is normal.

Nicole

I had this dread in the pit of my stomach, all the time.  I was terrified, but I didn't know of what?  I was afraid to drive, to leave my house, to be around people, to be alone, I was afraid of everything and I'm not that way.  I mourned for who I was, who I'd been because I was no longer myself, no wonder we're so frightened and alone, we've lost ourselves. 

Eight weeks is not long enough Pauline, I know it's an eternity, but not enough time has passed and time is the only cure for this.

I was hit with paranoia and debilitating depression in my second month off. Things were really bad for me for several weeks but everything has improved tremendously since then.

I've got terror and paranoia that have me on the couch that last ALL day with my heart racing and just scared out of my mind at everything.  Is this normal?  I'm 8 weeks off and symptoms are just raging out of control and I'm concerned about my thoughts.

thanks

Pauline

ha, well, as someone who is almost two weeks off and spent a chunck of last night coaxing the dog to stay in bed while I lay terrorized of some supernatural horror, it's pretty normal.  I'm happy to report that I have a good dog and no ghosties got me!  ;)