Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

My first day here (original huh?)

[Iw...]

I had a dreadful experience with Klonapin withdrawal last week and decided to look on the web.  In fact, this is the first time I've been on my computer in weeks.  I'm currently on 12mg Clon (2pm / 10pm / 6am).  Because of my education (I reckon) my MD presumed I knew what she was doing when she was getting me off Benzos.  I was on 9mg Xanax XR and switched to the Clon for withdrawal.  I guess you'd say today is my day of clarity.  I have been reading about withdrawal all morning and wish I'd done this sooner.  My anxiety has dropped probably 20% just finding you folks.  Thank GOD you are here.

Hi Iwantmeback

Looks like you learned the hard way how powerful this drug can be, I learned that same way  :sick:  It's great to see that you've successfully switched over to Klonopin already. We'll support you along the way, you're not alone.

We're glad you found us, welcome to BenzosBuddies  :)

Star

Hi Iwantmeback:

Glad you made it here.  12mg of Klonopin is a high dosage.  Have you already started a taper?  How are you going about it?

best,

Draftsman

Welcome Iwantmeback!!!

So glad you found benzobuddies!  You will learn a lot here and get much needed support.  It has been a life saver for me!

I've not yet began to taper.  Now that I get what my doc has been trying to tell me for awhile I'll probably begin in about two weeks.  I was also on 450mg (yes 450mg) of Effexor daily and REALLY took a rollercoaster ride coming off that.  I did that all at one time though, while taking 150mg Luvox.  I don't recommend coming down like that, but I'm glad it's over.  I know how I feel between dosages as they benzo begins to wear off and gotta tell you I'm NOT looking forward to actually lowering a percentage and not coming "back up".  I'm also an alcoholic (big surprise .. self medicator) and have been abstinant since last August 5th.  I'm thinking that I'm going to return to AA (I was in recovery for 13 years before I started again several years ago).  Hopefully I can get support there as well.  I am so glad to have found this group and thank you for your support and kind replies.

Hello and welcome.

I'm glad you're off the Xanax at least, Klonopin should be a little better for inter-dose withdrawal.  I had 11 years clean and sober when I started taking Klonopin, it took me 5 years to get totally out of control and only 14 months to heal after I quit it cold turkey.  I'm glad you're going to get real life support to keep you sober, because you can't get off the benzo's unless you are, the will power goes out the window then.

What kind of taper does your Dr have in mind for you?  I'm surprised she put you on 12 mgs from 9 mgs of Xanax.

Hello and welcome to BB Iwantmeback. Let us know your taper plan and how we can help. Glad you found us, you will find lots of great support here.