Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

help with anxiety in stomach

can anyone give me any advice on my stomach problems.think they may be anxiety attacts but not sure.been off benzos for 15months.still pretty rough but my main problem is my stomach.think this is my weak spot.for no reason it starts to get tight and just gets tighter and tighter.it doubles me up.then body gets so tight i shake.feels like my stomach is being pulled out from the back.takes all my enegy to breath and when it releases and starts to relax i am so tired.what is this been going on for years but getting stronger.or could id be cramps driving me mad.what do u think can anyone relate to this.love to hear from anyone.thanks

I started experiencing what you described after my CT.  I didn't have it before however.  Are you still on benzos?  You may want to add a signature so people are better able to give you advice.  I had to send a personal message to the moderators to figure out how to add mine.  I was too brain dead in the beginning to figure it out how on my own.

Anyway, yes the tightening takes my breath away too.  I feel like the food I ate is trapped in my stomach and can't move because the muscles are so tight.  I have been getting some relief in intensity after I hit 4 months.

perserverance          thanks for getting back to me.so u have had it,do you think its an anx attack.i was on benzos 4 over 30yrs.put on it for migraine.i tapered for 12mths and have been benzo free for 15mths.had a hell of a time.i was on ativan 1mg.i am still on a/depressant will come off that when i feel better.thanks anyway i cant believe it takes so long for our body to heal hope it dosnt go on much longer.how are u doing

chrissy,

When my w/d anxiety flares or something in my environment triggers anxiety it always tightens up more and more...feel like I am being squeezed...so I definitely see an anxiety connection.  From what I have read and seen people post the w/d anxiety is one of the sx's that tends to stay with you for a long time after cessation from benzos.

I am doing as well as to be expected, you know, set backs and periods of feeling a little better.  I am only just over 4 months so I try not to get discouraged.  Looks like you've come a long way!  Congratulations for being benzo free 15 months!

[af...]

This is exactly the way mine feels at worse-

When my w/d anxiety flares or something in my environment triggers anxiety it always tightens up more and more...feel like I am being squeezed

Sometimes it feels nauseous and hungry at the same time. I can't put it into words.

Chrissy, Hang in there.

S#

thanks to perseverance and sigmao123            nice to hear from u both thanks for coming through to me.thats what i love about this forum.there is always someone there for u helping u through this nightmare.nobody else understands.you have put my mind at rest.i will have to wait a while longer and keep riding this out.hope u are both doing well.speak soon thanks again     

hi perseverance      i have just managed to do my signature on my own! took a while with benzo brain .not bad hey