Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Advice on switching generics?

[An...]

I was told way back when a switch in generics *might* cause problems in a taper. I switched generics once, but also cut, I felt awful at the time but it was hard to know what the problem was.

Anyhow, I really want to go from my water titration to a liquid K, but they dont carry my generic (teva) and can't order it. So, should I risk the switch? I'm scared!????

Hi Anna:

I am using lorazepam, but I felt like I should stay with the same generic throughout the entire taper, and made sure that they used the same manufacturer each time I got my prescription filled.  I just felt better about that.  Perhaps I could have switched to liquid lorazepam, but I didn't know how my body would react to that (there are different additives in it, too), and it was a different manufacturer.  That's why I stayed away from it.  And don't really know if my md would have switched me, lol, since I didn't ask him.

Hope everything goes well.

Midwest :smitten:

[3f...]

I tried switching generics once, and it didn't seem to work for me.

Why are you switching generics?

Your pharmacy not carrying the generic you are tapering?

I agree with draftsman, can you not go back on the previous generic you were using?

S#