Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Is any one exercising...working out ??

I have been walking/some running.. since like March 20..  Now I have been doing some aerobics on video....and I am dieing !!  I get so wiped out so easiy  :o  Then I am dizzy...    :P  I am not tAPERING YET STILL...    any one else have issues with strenuous exercise or activities ??  ???    ANd I have only lost 1 pound  :tickedoff:    I do an hour every day...  and eat well,,,,  why would w/d and benzo cause all this ?? when I was on xanax for 5 years b4 any issues hit I worked out at lunch every day no problem !!  :idiot:

For the last four weeks I have started doing 1-2 cross town bike rides (13 miles total) to go to a local swim hole for a free 9-10pm swim and do laps.  While I am often dizzy of exhausted during the day, I've found that this is the one thing I actually can totally do.  To inadvertatently quote the Meat Puppets, "I don't have to think, I only have to do it".  I don't really have any insight into if this is helping me, any, but considering I wasn't getting any excercise prior to this I would say it's helping my body even if it's not impacting my withdrawal.

On the weight note- I haven't lost any weight and I'm actually additionally eating the most healthy I ever have been in my entire life.  I'm with you, what's up with that? ;)  I pretty much just have to figure that if this is what it takes to break even at this point in my life, I probably would just be gaining weight if I weren't and call it a day.

I think I am going to try to get back into the gym next week. I have wanted to try to get back at it for awhile but haven't had the energy or motivation until now. Hopefully I can hold up and stick with it cause my 40th b-day is coming up and my goal is to be fit and healthy by then. I'll still be at the mercy of whatever this WD thing decides to throw at me but if my energy levels stay high it is completely within my power to get my body back in shape.

I don't do a regular workout, but do enough dive classes as an assistant dive instructor to qualify for one. Hauling the same 8, 80 cubic ft. tanks at 35 lbs each, loading them in and out of the truck 6 times a day as well as helping with students gear, weights, and the exertion the swim and helping students in the water means I'm burning serious calories. Those days definitely put the zap on me. Great diet, hydration, etc. I still come home totally exhausted.

I always seem to have the energy when I'm doing it, but when I get home I'm zonked and wake up in the evening with a corgi standing on my chest wanting a walk...

Hi,

I also am walking about 3 miles a day and have for quite a while and I found that it does seem to help with the healing a bit.  Have noticed that when I do too much in particular too much cardio that my symptoms tend to revv up alot. As for the weight,  even with the exercise and less calories and eating well it does not seem to go away.