Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

And again...my Diazepam Taper Update

[Sc...]

Hello to all,

Well, as I write this, I am feeling dizzy/weak.  But on a HAPPY note... :yippee:...I am down yet another 1mg.  So this evening I officially went down to 4mgs of Diazepam.  As you may know if you've read my posts, I started my taper from 1mg of Clonazepam and cut to .75mg of Clonazepam...that did NOT go well and was feeling horrible for months.  Then I crossed (slowly) over to Diazepam, held for a month, and then started my taper from 15mgs of Diazepam...cutting 1mg per 7 days. 

I have new s/x that pop up almost each week.  Some leave, and others come...and old ones return.  I feel like there's this part of me that is getting better at accepting my s/x.  Some freak me out...like right now I am feeling "off", but I know it will pass.  I am very tired most of the time, and yet I FEAR bed time.  I cry almost every night at bed time.  My husband always gives me a hand massage in bed to calm me...it helps most nights but as much as I LOVE my sleep, I can't handle bed time very well. 

Hopefully this cut will agree w/ me.  I wonder that EVERY single week. 

Well, there's my update for now! 

All the best to you ALL...hugs,

Schatje

Hi Schatje:

You are coming along nicely.

I feel like there's this part of me that is getting better at accepting my s/x.  Some freak me out...like right now I am feeling "off", but I know it will pass.

This is a great mindset to have for dealing with withdrawals!

I am very tired most of the time, and yet I FEAR bed time.

This was the same for me.  I found it helpful to play soothing music.  Perhaps you can try head phones if necessary.

If your next cut doesn't agree with you, you will make it through eventually none the less.

Draftsman

You are doing about as well as can be expected. Nice job!

Your husband is wonderful to support you with a nice massage at bedtime.

Glad you're moving forward and keeping the faith.

There is a level of anxiety that goes with w/d, and it's so easy to ramp up over things we anticipate won't go well. Down the road you'll have windows where you will be able to stop bedtime anxiety because the underlying w/d anxiety has abated. And, personally, I found that crying was actually easier on me than the anxiety or the insomnia. Kleenex is inexpensive!

Hi Schatje,

You are doing great!!  We are both on the same taper.  I know things are tough but you are making great progress and in time things will be so much better.  I know the feeling about sleeping.  I use to be scared at nite to go to sleep but as of now, I do "ok".  I get real tired during the day and want to take a nap but fear it.  Naps cause my w/d to go to extreme.  Hang in there.  You are doing great!!!

Hi Renee,

Thanks you for all the kind words!  Naps affect me the same way!  So I avoid them as well...even thought I have a lot of fatigue during this tape as well.  I just try to get my butt off the couch and do something that keeps my mind off the fatigue.  lol  I hope things are going well for you...or as well as they can.  What a journey this is, eh?  I say it often, but I find it absolutely mind-boggling that these little pills can do so much damage.

ALL the best to you throughout your taper.  :yippee:

Take care...hugs,

Schatje