Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Colin Stepping Down

[Co...]

Hello everyone,

It is with some sadness that I announce my decision to formally drop my involvement in forum management and day-to-day operations. Pam and Missy (the forum Administrators) are now in charge of managing the forum and team. They head a really great group, and I am sure they will continue to serve our membership well. To reassure you, I am not totally disappearing and I still own the benzobuddies.org website. I will still help with technical matters, help develop documentation, policy, etc., but I will no longer monitor or ordinarily participate in open forum discussion or team areas, nor become involved in moderation matters. Those of you that have been around for a while will understand that we have a very able and compassionate team; there will be no fundamental changes in the philosophy of the BenzoBuddies community.

Over the past few months (perhaps, more like a year), I have found myself becoming less-and-less involved with forum management, and posting very little to the boards. The truth is that I am no longer needed here. A further truth is that I have become less effective - I'm burned out after nearly seven years of doing this. It is time for me to go and let others take over. I will continue to be available to the Admins to consult on issues affecting the website, so you will still see me about from time-to-time. I will also work on developing some extra features for members, take care of purely technical issues, and help with the development of some documents. It is important, however, to understand that I am no longer involved in forum management and moderation matters. You should contact an appropriate member of the team with questions and problems.

Apart from 'burn out', my life has become more complicated and full. I no longer have the time to commit here as I once had. It is time for me to move on and enjoy all the new positive things in my life. So, although sad, I am looking forward to my new life too.

It has been a genuine pleasure, and I will stop by to say hello from time-to-time. I wish you all every success and a speedy recovery.

Take care,

Colin. x

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [Co...]

• [...]

• [Pe...]

I can't thank you enough for founding this website...while you were still so sick...I can't even imagine!  Your drive and determination has helped countless RX victims.  You should go and enjoy your life now that you can, I wish you the very best!!!!

[15...]

Colin,

Thanks for the forum, and everything you have done for each and everyone of us.

It sounds like you're out there doing very well for yourself  :thumbsup:

May it continue.

I think the forum is left in good hands with Pamster and Missy, and the team.

I have been on this forum for almost a year, and have found it one of the best forums.

You better come around and see us ;)

Take care,

Sigma.

Colin, I cant thankyou enough for the website. Im not a computer person so I was on my own with this mess for 9 months. I couldnt understand why I wasnt better, so I was really scared. Reading the stories of real people and how they heal has helped me so much. So grateful you created a forum where we all can get much needed support. I hope you are well and happy. Colleen

Hi Colin,

As you open the book to the next chapter in your life, may it be filled with stories of happiness, contentment, and satisfaction.

You have counseled and educated so many, and have asked for so little in return. You are, indeed, a first-rate human being!

The best to you!

pj

Hi Colin, Thank you so much for this well moderated forum.  :thumbsup: I get a good feeling and reassurance when I click on BB. I can't imagine what it would take to set up a forum like this but you've done it and helped so many people. I'm sorry to see you go but happy that your life is full and you are moving forward to enjoy life.  :)

Pam and Missy are two great people so you are leaving us in good hands.

Frannie

Hello Colin,

I am happy to hear you are moving forward to enjoy your life. I am happy to hear you are taking time to be there for yourself. I am very grateful for BB and will look forward to continuing to be a part of the BB community.

Thank you for all you have done and continue to do for all of us.

Summer

Colin good luck with all that comes your way. This site saved my life. Thank you! You deserve so much happiness and I wish you the best always.

Mal :smitten:

Thanks for creating this website and for all of the time you have put into helping others over the years. This site saved my life, so you could say that you saved my life. I can't thank you enough. I wish you much happiness and success in everything that you do.

Jeff M.

Thanks for creating this website Colin.  It is really very helpful to me and I would think everyone who is on here. 

Go on with your new life and enjoy.

Gail    "This too shall pass"

Colin, I hope you know that your name and this site will always be a part of our lives and hearts.  I thank you for all you have done for me and so many members.  May your life be full of great joys.  You have left this site in good hands.

Love,

Patty  xoxo

Good for you Colin  :thumbsup: ... I have been here only a short time (came from BW - forgive me - didn't know any better).  It is so obvious that you are a super responsible forum owner ... it is wonderful that you put trusted and reliable people in place to take care of moderating and other functions that need looking after here.  Wish Andrew would follow suit.  Can I say that openly?  If not would someone please erase my comments except for the GOOD FOR YOU COLIN  :thumbsup:

Seven years is quite a long time to devote to as large a task as this must have been.  I'm sure you take comfort in knowing you have helped hundreds if not thousands of folks learn, connect and hopefully get off the benzo poison.    Enjoy your well deserved break :thumbsup:.

Many kind regards,

Vertigo

Colin:

Thanks again for all your work.  The contents of this forum will likely be helpful to people for many years to come.  It was a great idea!

Draftsman

Colin, I've said this before and I'll say it again...

I hope you know that this site has been the life support for so many people (like me) and for that, I'm forever grateful. Your time and service here have been invaluable. I think you can find great comfort in your decision to pass the baton to Pam and Missy knowing that things are in very capable hands.

Thank you for what you have created here and have nourished for so long, you'll be missed.

Star

Thanks for all you have done for me personally and for all of us on this forum, it has meant so much to so many and continues to be a source of comfort to those in need.

Good luck and congratulations on a job well done. :thumbsup:

LK

Good luck to you and thankyou as well for starting this forum. 7 years is a long time to have been here fulltime, especially after one is healed.

Being there is a life outside of this, I'm so happy for you that is taking your time.

Thanks for making this site Colin. Wow, 7 years is a long time. I can totally understand you being "burned out". Glad your life is full enough to be able to move on. That must be a great feeling. I am sure it will do you some good to unplug more from the forum. Thanks for everything and good luck.

Chrisw

Thank you, Coliin. You did a great job. I have no idea how all that computer-stuff works....i am happy that i can write or download or watch movies...that`s it then. I can imagine that you had lot`s of work to keep that forum up. Now it is time for other things in your life, and i hope the "more complicated" is something good  :)

A big thank you, Colin, and all the best in your life! You were the first to reply to my introduction post here in early 2010  :)  :smitten:

Thanks, Colin. You were one of the first folks to speak to me when I first registered, and it was the beginning of a support system that I have appreciated greatly. 

Namaste.

RTBW