Tapering of Lorazepam

[mi...]

Hello friends,

I’m trying to taper off taking my Lorazepam on a daily basis. And eventually altogether. I was taking 0.5mg morning and afternoon, I changed my dosing to 0.25mg x4 spread out throughout the day, down to 0.25mg x3. I haven’t held either of these for a particularly long period of time, though today I felt was a good day; I took my first two doses and haven’t felt a need for a third. Is it absolutely necessary to keep holding if I don’t feel the need for the third dose? I just feel like every time I take them I’m prolonging taking them if I don’t feel the need. I carry a lot of guilt with that.. but I don’t want to have my ass kicked with withdrawals either. I’ve stopped Effexor, Zoloft, Remeron all without a long term taper and I don’t think (??) I had any long term effects from withdrawal. I was also a little dependent on coke for a period but was able to let go of that cold turkey as well. Any advice on how I should move forward??

Hello friends,

I’m trying to taper off taking my Lorazepam on a daily basis. And eventually altogether. I was taking 0.5mg morning and afternoon, I changed my dosing to 0.25mg x4 spread out throughout the day, down to 0.25mg x3. I haven’t held either of these for a particularly long period of time, though today I felt was a good day; I took my first two doses and haven’t felt a need for a third. Is it absolutely necessary to keep holding if I don’t feel the need for the third dose? I just feel like every time I take them I’m prolonging taking them if I don’t feel the need. I carry a lot of guilt with that.. but I don’t want to have my ass kicked with withdrawals either. I’ve stopped Effexor, Zoloft, Remeron all without a long term taper and I don’t think (??) I had any long term effects from withdrawal. I was also a little dependent on coke for a period but was able to let go of that cold turkey as well. Any advice on how I should move forward??

Lorazepam has a short half life, but it has it's equivalent in diazepam or clonazepam, see link here.

https://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm

Can you do a gradual crossover to one of these and taper off it?

That is also included in the manual linked above.