Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Question on Lunesta taper

[jd...]

I am pretty new here and I just wanted to confirm the taper for Lunesta. I have been taking 3mg at night for a month. THe suggestion even with Lunesta is to reduce by 10% every seven days? I am also taking 1.5 mg lorezapam which I will taper after the Lunesta.

I just want to make sure the taper for the Lunesta is the same as with other benzos?? thanks for your help.

Since Lunesta acts like a benzo, I guess a benzo-like taper makes sense.  I didn't do that with my sleep med, though (Ambien).  I had 10mg tablets, quartered them and dropped .25mg every couple of weeks.  It seemed easier than trying to work out the 10% thing.

[ff...]

I agree with Beeper about the Z-Drug. Seems to be a bit easier to cut 0.25mg every 2 weeks.

Cutting 10%, you could do, but I'm not sure how that would go. I would have to look at the math.

I came off Ambien before tapering the Benzo.

S#

Thanks very  much I will try to quearter the Lunesta and drop it every couple of weeks.

I will also do that first and then the lorezapm.

Thanks much.