Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Feel like I'm back in Acute Withdrawal....:{{{{

I am almost 9 months free and feel like I have stepped backward into acute withdrawal.  Yes I have had some windows for which I am extremely greatful, but on a windowless day, my symptoms are much worse than they were a month or so ago......I am having sweating all the time, adrenaline surges and crying/screaming just like when I was in acute w/d......  I don't know if this is healing or not - I am hoping so. 

The two above symptoms have been gone for about two or three months - and I've only had to deal with the anxiety and depression, now it's everything - I am filled with fear once again, can't go out of my house - what is going on????

Anybody?????

Hi, yeah that's me too my head feels exactly how it did in the first month, keep thinking I must have done something to cause this, I too was feeling better a month ago, I'm trying to hold it together right now, its like I was given a little taste of normal and then pushed straight back into hell. :'(

How are you sleeping? I ask because when I don't sleep it's like it was last summer during the acute phase..I can't get a deep breath, weird skin sensations have started again..I'm positive it's from the countless nights of not sleeping...my lower abdomen also hurts really bad...

Actually I sleep a bit better than before, but still do get sleepless nights with very little sleep --- thanks for answering.

I am 8 1/2 months free and having a harder time now than the past few months. It seems like maybe a pattern for some of us and I'm hoping that healing will follow this. Months 6 and 7 were much better for me than month 8.

They say it's all part of the process. I'm feeling great right now but at only five months off I'm sure that I am not out of the woods yet. All we can do is hope for the best....

Maybe you are just in a bad wave right now...I think it's gonna come and go until a year off..18 months at the latest.

Months ago when I first started this process there is no way I would have ever thought it would take a year to a year and a half off to heal...I mistakenly thought people who were still suffering that far out were dealing with other issues and just did'nt want to admit it or be honest with themselves...now i know this does take a lot longer than i ever would have guessed.

Yes, I agree Sunny. I also thought that I would be feeling so much better by now! But when you think about Ashton saying that the normal healing time is 6-18 months, I guess we are still pretty early in that process. Healing is coming!!  :)

I wish I could be as upbeat about it as you gals are....I am very depressed and can't seem to not have doubts about my healing - I just can't seem to believe that I will heal...I read what everyone says about it taking so much time and I just don't know how I can keep going on like this.....I am really in a bad place today -

Yes, I agree Sunny. I also thought that I would be feeling so much better by now! But when you think about Ashton saying that the normal healing time is 6-18 months, I guess we are still pretty early in that process. Healing is coming!!  :)

Sadly we might just be half way through this, but even if we aren't 100% at a year, we surely have to better than this! 

Hoping, I have definitely had depression too during w/d. I am so sorry that it is especially bad for you right now. I know you will heal, our bodies are made to, it just may take a little more time than we had thought it would. I am sending you extra big hugs  :smitten:

Yes it does get better.  Months 7-9 were really rough for me.  Started turning the corner at month 10.

REALLY????  Please tell me more!  Did you start sleeping at 10 months? Was insomnia a big issue for you? How about the anxiety? I'm sorry...I just am trying to find hope wherever I can find  it today.