Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Hello everyone, new here

[Be...]

Hello everyone! Glad to join this community, but not glad to know that this is common problem. Now I am having temazepam 7.5mg each night and I do not know how to stop.

My doctor said that my nervous system is prone to addictions - previously I took painkillers for 4 years. I try to live a normal life, but I need help.

Thank you!

Hello Betth :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad to have you here with us. You will get plenty of encouragement here to help you through this process.  Take your time and browse the boards, we have some very valuable information and lots of support here.

Reducing your daily dose by between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days is the rule of thumb.  You can alter the schedule to suit your needs, whatever feels comfortable.

We generally follow the Ashton Manual's recommendation of tapering 5 to 10% every ten days to two weeks. if you aren't familiar with the manual check it out, it’s a great resource

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

Withdrawal Support

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita