Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

One year free!

[gt...]

I'm not around here as much anymore, but I wanted to come back and say that I am celebrating one year free from benzos after over two decades of use! What a journey this has been so far. One of my biggest issues with PAWS is not knowing when it will end. I was so certain that I would recover much sooner than this, but ultimately I had to learn to be patient. I remind myself that symptoms are just a sign of healing and that's what this process is all about. I want to sincerely thank everyone on BB for helping me. Without your help, this process would have been so much more terrifying. Wishing you all the best!

M1-2: Acute

M3: Acute morphed in to PAWS. Life is more functional. My first experience with the windows & waves pattern.

M4-6: Physical sx lessened. Pretty severe anxiety and agoraphobia.

M7-8: Physical sx significantly better, except my persistent symptoms, which were somewhat better: anxiety/agoraphobia, dizziness, tremors, dp/dr/confusion. M8 had the most improvements to date, except severe anxiety. A lot more functional.

M9-10: Some of my most difficult thus far. Extreme fatigue (nearly disabling) and worsening of persistent symptoms. A lot of sleep (10+ hours a night).

M11: Significantly better later in the month. Extreme fatigue pretty much completely gone, core symptoms are getting better, except dizziness seems to come and go quite a bit.

Congratulations on your one year, its a milestone even though you're not recovered yet, the more distance we can put between us and the drug, the better.  I hope you'll keep checking in, I'd love to read your success story.  :smitten: