Important Survey - Please Participate ×

need help with xanax taper please

[st...]

thank you. just hoping i do good with this cut i made last nite to .125 i will see how i feel in a week then either stop or crush the .125 and divide the powder and go another week or so.

ok another question been on the .125 ml for 4 days doing ok

do you think i can cut to .0625 ml for three days now then just quit?

or should i stay at .125 ml for a full 7 days then go down to .0625 ml

reading all the valium crossover stuff can someone tell me me

.125 ml and .0625 ml xanax equals to valium i am not changing just want to see if its ok to quit xanax at a dose of .0625

Personally I'd stay at the .125 does for the full seven days, just to make sure there are no problems.

Hmm, let's see. Math isn't my strong point but I believe .75 mg xanax is equivalent to 15 mg valium, making xanax 20 times as strong as valium. So .125 mg of xanax would be about 2.5 mg of valium. If that's the case, I'd go down to at least .0625 mg of xanax (which should be equivalent to 1.25 valium) before stopping and probably further. But that's just me. You may do just fine stopping at .125 xanax.

rufus

Personally I'd stay at the .125 does for the full seven days, just to make sure there are no problems.

Hmm, let's see. Math isn't my strong point but I believe .75 mg xanax is equivalent to 15 mg valium, making xanax 20 times as strong as valium. So .125 mg of xanax would be about 2.5 mg of valium. If that's the case, I'd go down to at least .0625 mg of xanax (which should be equivalent to 1.25 valium) before stopping and probably further. But that's just me. You may do just fine stopping at .125 xanax.

rufus

ruf, your math sounds pretty darn good to me.  :laugh:

eljay your good at percentages can you tell me how mine was

started at 0.75

cut to 0.37

cut to 0.25

cut to .125

so did i cut 10 percent 20 percent or what for each cut i just want this info for my

self. i am thinking my 1st cut was 50 percent but not sure so please help

p.s. its been 21 days since i started and i think i will end now and not take any tonite and see how it goes. i have a busy weekend out of town so i will be distracted and not thinking about it as much. i just hope these headaches stop. my head hurts on and off never bad enough for a tylenol.

You cut from .75 to .37??

.75 to .37 is 50%

.37 to .25 is 33%

.25 to .125 is 50%

If you cut again to . 0625:

.125 to .0625 is 50%

21 days is really fast to do this taper. I would consider holding a few days longer, or cutting to .0625mg for another week.  :)

Stella, what size Xanax pills do you use? If you are not already using 0.25mg pills, I highly recommend that you obtain them - they will enable you to make smaller cuts. This will enable you to manage a gentler and more manageable taper. ;)

thanks my pills are the .5 size i use to take 1 and a half

i feel good is it not ok to just stop at this point

Stella,

Just because you feel good right now on .5mg, does not mean you will feel good if you jump off here!

i was on the .125 for 6 days then dropped to .625 for the last 2 days

how low should i have to go before just stopping

i say .625 but not really sure i crushed up a .125 mixed in 8 ml of water and drank 4 ml of it.

Hi Stella,

You have been doing quite an aggressive taper. I would wait at least 7-14 (14 would be better) days before I jumped off at .0625, just to make sure you don't start feeling the effects from your previous cuts.

T2  :smitten:

Hey Stella, great news! :thumbsup:

I understand that you have been tapering quite aggressively, but if your symptoms are quite manageable, then why not! Do let us know if you have any problems.

Good luck. :)

Thanks Colin and everyone for all your help and being here for me

i will continue to update and stick around if thats ok.

Thanks Colin and everyone for all your help and being here for me

i will continue to update and stick around if thats ok.

Absolutely you should stick around. Typically, there is still a period of recovery after our last pill, but given that you seem to have manged a successful and accelerated taper, you will probably fully recover more quickly than most. ;)

Thank you everyone for your help

I am xanax free. took my last xanax 4/16/08 at 9:30 pm

Stella, that is wonderful news!!! :yippee:

I'm so happy for you. You are free now.

• 2 weeks later...
hi newbie here, on the road right now to getting off xanax after 2 years at .5 4xs a day. right now i cut it in half plus take 1/4 of the other half... for each dose, which drops me from 2 mgs a day to 1.5 mg a day.  how long should i wait before i drop to 1 mg a day . by going to .25 4 times a day? to be honest i got off it years ago no problem but i wasnt on this much, i took .25 3 times a day then and just quit cold turkey.... but now after all i have read im scared of seziures.... i havent had one but i dont want to have one either.... so trying to figure a tappering off that i wont have rebound anxiety or anything worse that i have read about...thanks a bunch!! tonya

hi newbie here, on the road right now to getting off xanax after 2 years at .5 4xs a day. right now i cut it in half plus take 1/4 of the other half... for each dose, which drops me from 2 mgs a day to 1.5 mg a day.  how long should i wait before i drop to 1 mg a day . by going to .25 4 times a day? to be honest i got off it years ago no problem but i wasnt on this much, i took .25 3 times a day then and just quit cold turkey.... but now after all i have read im scared of seziures.... i havent had one but i dont want to have one either.... so trying to figure a tappering off that i wont have rebound anxiety or anything worse that i have read about...thanks a bunch!! tonya

Hi Tonyasdream,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I will try to answer your questions on the thread you started about this: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=8048.msg94131#msg94131