Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

hard road to recovery

[th...]

Hello my name is John, my wife was just diagnosed with having the benzos today on my birthday May 31st 2011, my wife Haley who is also my best friend and mother of our 3 wonderful kids. she has been taking ambien for about ayear now to help her sleep and it has not helped in anyway, she has also been taken loritab, rebuxin for her back pain, she had a full blown out ceaser about 2 weeks ago and was prescribed mor medication to take along with the ones i have already mentioned those are citalopram for her anxiety,topamax for her chest pain and zolpidem to help with her insomnia, after her siezer is when the affects of benzodiazepine began and she is in a compitent state where i have to help her do everything including feeding her. I never knew this exsisted till today and an angel who i will keep anonymus saw what my wife was going through and immediatley knew what was wrong and gave me her mothers name and number who has gone through this herself. I know now how seriously this is and plan on doing everything in my power to get the word out about this horrific drug. i also know now that this will be a long process to get my wonderful wife well again and im so happy that there is a forum like this of those in our shoes who can help us through this. lastly i would like to thank Tamra aka believe for the talk we had today and that she is willing to help as much as possible i would lost if she was not here to help. again thank you so much Tamra and thank you everyone who has started this support group for benzodiazepine.  :'(

Welcome thepolcyns!

I see that you found the forum.  You will find alot of information, love and support here.  It's not a club anyone wants to join, but you wont find better people to lean on and help while your family is on this journey.

Don't ever hesitate to call.

Hugs and Healing to your wife and you!

Tamra

[5d...]

Oh John,

Your wife is so lucky to have you helping her.  I am sorry that she's so ill, it has to be hard on both of you.

I'm glad you found the site.  It's been a tremendous help to me and I am sure you will find it quite beneficial.

Peace to you and your wife,

M

Hello John, Welcome to Benzobuddies.

So your wife is on Ambien, Lortab, Topamax, Robaxin, and Citalopram?  That is quite a cocktail of drugs she is on. Are you sure the Topamax was prescribed for the chest pain, or are you getting some of the meds confused? I can't blame you, I would lose track of what was for what when dealing with so many.

Please know that this site's focus is primarily on helping people who want to get off benzodiazepines and Z-drugs like Ambien.  I don't know your wife's medical history, but she seems to be going through a lot and I don't know if Ambien withdrawal/tolerance is the primary cause of her symptoms.  I am not qualified nor do I feel right in suggesting she taper her other meds in the condition you describe her in.  

If she would like to get off Ambien we would be more than willing to help her out.  It is a concern however that she is having seizures.  Does she have a history or did she try cold turkeying any drugs prior?

Crono

Hi John,

Welcome to BB  :)

If your wife is looking to taper off of her benzos then she will find lots of support and help right here.  Has she spoken to her doctor about tapering off of these drugs?  It sounds like she has a lot going on so it might be wise to consult with her G.P, moving forward.

I am glad that you found us.  Be sure to check out our tapering and withdrawal support boards.