Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Did Ashton-now down to 15mgs "V". Scared, I am so very exhausted..

Okay, I was feeling okay this afternoon, so I went out to put some new little plants in pots. (If my porch is pretty, maybe Iwill feel better)  OMG!! I was only working about 30 minutes, and I was suddenly so out of breath I felt like I had been running for blocks, Is this "normal" w/d??

Because if I feel like this at 15mgs; what the hell am I going to do when I go lower in dose???

Anyone else gone through this?? :'(

[01...]

ChicoMarsha,

I understand exactly what you're saying.  :o

Over the weekend.. I was out and about at the neighbours and we cooked out. Took a walk, ran, and I set up all night and everything.

I cleaned, helped my neighbour with his garden. I went shopping.

It caught up with me today. I feel so tired and fatigue has settled in.

Just weak as hell. (Excuse my language). But only way I can explain it.

I'm at 19mg of Valium. I feel better and most days full of energy, but after a good weekend of a Holiday Workout.. it caught up with me! I feel better than earlier, but I can relate to what you're saying.

:mybuddy:

S#

Okay, I was feeling okay this afternoon, so I went out to put some new little plants in pots. (If my porch is pretty, maybe Iwill feel better)  OMG!! I was only working about 30 minutes, and I was suddenly so out of breath I felt like I had been running for blocks, Is this "normal" w/d??

Because if I feel like this at 15mgs; what the hell am I going to do when I go lower in dose???

Anyone else gone through this?? :'(

Symptoms change over the course of a taper but they don't generally get worse if you are doing a sensible taper, which includes allowing enough time between cuts.  During my taper, my vision got so blurry I could barely see the text on the computer screen but that cleared up while I was still tapering.  How is your porch coming along?  What kind of plants did you plant?  It does make me smile to look outside and see the flowers blooming.

Hey Sigma and Beeper, thank you so much for not leaving me all alone with my :idiot: head.

Beeper, I am planting impatiens for the shady spots, alyssum and pink and fuschia pansies, and geraniums.. :smitten:

Sigma, I was only working for barely 30 min and I was breathing so hard that my cat got scared and came running to me :-\

[01...]

ChicoMarsha,

Yes I have done that before too.

I also think the heat weighs in where I'm at. I'm in NY, and we hit over 90 degrees for the first time this year. On warmer days, I notice sometimes I feel more exhausted.

One day I was outside on the back porch, planting flowers. I felt so weak after about 30-45 mins. I finally got some energy back up.

I know what you're talking about. I, too felt out of breath.

I TOTALLY know this feeling, and I've c/o to Diazepam and now have tapered from 15mgs to 5mgs so far (almost done!).  I walk my daughter to/from school every day, and what SHOULD be a simple, leisurely walk was TOTALLY making me feel weak, dizzy and winded.  I wondered "how will I get to my front steps?".  I was so scared some days.  But as my dose has lowered, I'd say that is one thing that IS improving.  Just try to tell yourself over and over that it's the w/d.  I started to believe it eventually and became less scared, and now I"d say that s/x is 85% gone.  It's VERY unpleasant but it will pass. 

All the best...you're doing great!

Schatje

Thanks for the kind words. Now I have some people that have gone thru this to think about it when it happens.... :thumbsup: