Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Taking antihistamine...............

Hey guys!  I got poison ivy on my arms, used the lotion for a couple days and was told to use antihistamine.  I had the worse nite of w/d then I have had in a while.  I also have severe stress in my life to the point I had to call the police last nite.  Wont go into detail but do you think its the antihistamine.  The stress I have, I would think, would cause my mental/emotional w/d but these were physical.  Heart palpatrations are bad so of couse I cant sleep.  I dont know, cant change my stressful situation because its my son but have to get off this med to work.  Anyone know anything about this..................

Some people's symptoms get amped with antihistamines in this process. Using one while tapering as you are, or off the drug and trying something to aid with sleep when off the drug until things start to even out. I tried benadryl when I was newly off and it gave me stronger cortisol rushes and made me feel off emotionally. Further out, maybe 5 months or so it let me sleep if I took it once. Kept me awake the second night, awake with the drugged feeling. I decided to heal without it. That said, it's not unusual for people to have a reaction to it like you've described.

Stronger cortisol rushes like I had, heart palps like you had, use "search" for antihistamines or sift through threads in other medications and you'll find more same experiences.

Thank you!  I was concerned with taking any pill whatsoever but the poison ivy was bad.  I will keep my fingers crossed that is what it is. 

Thanks so much!!

You're welcome!

Poison ivy's no fun is it. Yikes.......I hope it clears up for you. Sorry about the other stressors for you on top of things.