Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I don't even know what to say

[Th...]

My anhedonia has been my longest symptom and the one since the very beginning I prayed would go away. I have not had a break from it and it has been many months. I want it to go away. I want to feel something good again. Words of support are needed. Please.

I found I was able to derive pleasure from the ordinary things in life after I was off benzos for about 6 months. My pleasure in reading, listening to music, sunsets, my cats, chocolate, a walk by the ocean, just enjoying a sunset -- that all started to come back gradually in about 6 months. It was as though my brain/emotions had to "recalibrate" and rediscover the things that had brought me pleasure prior to benzos. Hard to explain. But don't despair -- it will all come back for you.

Best,

:smitten:

Katz

I’m sorry you have this. This is the symptom that bothers me the most and it got much worse from a bad reaction to Prozac. Now I can’t feel music, or even taste food as it all taste like cardboard. Everything feels flat and the same and staring at a blank walk would be just as fun.

Are you still tapering the other medication? I’ve seen it get better for others here though so there’s hope for you.

Thank you both for replying to my post.

It helped to feel heard

I got mine after one dose of remeron. I miss music too. And creativity.

Awww don't worry, if you are still tapering meds it won't last forever! It took me a while to regain my joy, fun, creativity, but when it returned.......it came back with a vengeance! (The good kind  :smitten: ). 

Do you try doing things anyway, even though you don't feel them? Are you able to listen to people tell funny or cool stories or memories about you?