Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Please I need advice

Benzo free 14 months and feel no better,I feel numb emotionally,confused and loosing hope, doctors have me on epilium seroquel and prestiq, I was put on these to try and help me cope,but have asked to come off as I dont have a mental illness,dropped the epilim from 1000mg to 500mg last 2 weeks but now there thinking of putting me up to 700 again.I am so scared dont know what to do,want  off these meds but frightened I'll fall in a heap,sometimes I think these meds are making things worse.Lisa

It is quite possible that the mix of meds are the source of your problem, although it is not uncommon for benzo withdrawal to last 14 months or more.

Personally I would want off all those pills, they have absolutely no idea what effect they will have at any given dose on any given individual. 

It's basically russian roulette with pills.  It helps some, it fries others, the good news is that if you are off them long enough you will return to normal.

Yes in my research it is clear that it can take quite a long time for the brain to readjust. It essentially has to reboot itself, and begin functioning the way it did without benzos. Like if someone takes steroids, their body stops producing testosterone because a flood of it is coming in from the outside ... it doesn't need to make any. It's the same principle with benzos and the brain. We start the benzos, then the GABA receptors and mood stabilizing chemicals stop being produced because the benzo replaces them. Hang in there.

Thankyou amano and juice for your reassurance,I don't know how I am going to go coming off all these meds,but my gp agrees these tablets can make you worse so we are slowly going to reduce each one.Thanks again.