Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Newbie taper

[Ir...]

Hi all. Currently tapered down to 0.5mg diazepam and struggling for the first time since my taper from 2mg with panic attacks, so will hold this dose for some time I think. I've been on diazepam for over 20 years and have been reducing 0.5mg every 4 weeks.

Hello Iron2010,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies, we are glad you are here!  Kudos to you for the great progress you've made so far with tapering diazepam.  Many members say that they struggle a bit more toward the end of their taper so you aren't alone.  I'm glad you are giving yourself permission to hold for a while until you get your feet under you - any good taper plan should have some built-in flexibility.  Have you considered doing a micro taper?  By reducing small amounts each day, the withdrawl symptoms can be almost imperceptible.

I've put some links below to get you started.  After you get settled in, you can begin posting.  Let us know if you have questions or need help.

Again, welcome,

Kate08

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)