Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Is this normal for waves?

[Ha...]

I was hit with a wave out of no where. Today's nasty little symptoms effects my vision. I'm having this over hyper focus where everything seems like it's coming at me. I'm also have this weird sensation in my head paired with this reality shift (Not Derealization/de personalization) thus is different.

I.. Wondering if it's normal for waves to start small, then get worse over time? I also feel like if I eat anything in these waves symptoms get worse. Is this normal?

Its rare to find a reason for increased symptom severity, too often its just what happens, we wish we could assign a cause so we can hopefully avoid it in the future but sometimes we just can't.  That being said, many members have noticed a correlation between symptoms and food, I never did but others have.

What you're feeling is normal, well as normal as we can be while going through this nightmare.  The best thing you can do is try to distract from your symptoms, this is one of our best tools.  This doesn't give us much of an escape but even a few moments of not concentrating on what we're feeling is a relief.

Pam your a national treasure, I came across your success story yet you're still here helping folks which is a God send. I totally understand people wanting to move on from this nightmare once it's over yet few like your self stuck around to reassure... I don't even have words for just amazing that is.

You are right, food triggers me I just thought it was silly to assume such a thing. Let me explain that Becuase that sound naive, I'm very well versed with food sensitivities I've had them my whole life. I just didn't think that food and ingredients could possibly cause such terrible symptoms to spike the way they've been doing. I figured maybe a stomach ache if food was bothering you but this is horrible. God bless you and thank you so much for answering

I wonder if having food sensitivities before going through this can be tied to why some are affected and some aren't?  One of our members just started a new thread in Support Groups about this issue, here is the link in case you'd like to explore it with them. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=269330.0

I actually left the forum for 8 years but came back to help out in late 2019 and have been here ever since, it breaks my heart there is still a need and its only increased.  :'(