Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Looking for information and support

[Ar...]

Hello, Arezoo - Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We would love to hear more about the psyche meds you are on.  We are primarily a benzo support group.  Are you currently taking?  Have you tapered?

I'm so glad you decided to join the forum - you'll find plenty of information and support here. Our members have gone through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal, so you'll be able to connect with others who understand what you're going through and can tell you what has worked for them.

Please feel free to post to any of the specialized boards, which can all be accessed from the BenzoBuddies Community Forum homepage.

Let us know how we can assist you in getting started on the Boards.

JBen021

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome, Arezoo.  It's good that you joined the forum.  Many of us have put our signatures at the bottom of our profiles that include what psyche drugs and other drugs we've taken or are currently taking.  Someone can help you do that.  There's a sticky post at the top with instructions about how to add your signature. 

arezoo, that's a long time to have been on Klonopin and SSRI's.  If you join the Protracted Recovery Support board on this forum there are people on there who have been off the drugs for as long as we have. 

Welcome to BB Arezoo.

I was on klonopin and SSRIs from 1985-2013.  After that I was taken off CT by doctors and I have never recovered.

From  2013 to now = approx. 9 years. That is a very long time. How have you been coping? Why were you put on the drugs initially, and what symptoms do you struggle with daily?

I was put on klonopin for anxiety disorder.  Then I saw these wonderful commercials on tv for ssri’s and asked my doctor for them and he was happy to comply.  Going off cold turkey has permanently damaged my cns.  I have all kinds of neurological symptoms as well as severe anxiety.  Over the 9 years I have had improved but I still suffer.

How is your quality of life? Is this something you can live with for the remainder of your life? You take no drugs for anything now, correct?