Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I seems my withdrawal is almost done.

[Me...]

Almost healed. I am 29 months off and it seems my withdrawal will be finished the next 2-4 weeks.

If so, how many weeks or months I have to wait for drinking alcohol again?

Congratulations. How can you tell you'll be done in 3 weeks? Wish I could tell when this hell will be over IF.

Regarding alcohol, I'm sure you'll get a mixed response, ranging from never to a few months. I personally already drink occasionally and I'm not healed. But The Bristol Tranquiliser Project, and Baylissa say 6 months, I think Benzo Buddies recommends a year, and some people say 2 years.

When you do decide, just take it slow. Any bad reaction should be short lived

Because all my symptomes are gone except headpressure. In the last three weeks my worst symptom, muscle spasme in the legs, are finally gone.

My acute phase lasted the first three months. After that 2 months I felt very well then for 1 month I do feel hellish(waves). So I believe if headpressure is gone I should wait 10 weeks, if there wont be another waves, then my withdrawal is over.

Ooh congratulations and great to see an idea of whats helped you aee your withdrawal as over (I'm worried about not being able to see it). With alcohol it is definitely worth taking it slow to reintroduce it, as I have let myself have a drink with a meal or at events which has been no problem - but had a bad day and got a bit carried away with a few drinks and it hit me hard - tolerance does not rush back quickly.

Its not over yet, but I am optimistic that it will be in a month. Its just this nasty headpressure.