Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Still looking for md to help crossover to valium

[Sh...]

I have been looking for a doctor to help me crossover from klonopin to valium.  I have not begun to taper yet, but am feeling uncomfortable since I have reached tolerance and life is very stressful right now.  If anyone would be willing to send me a message with a doctor's name who might be willing to help me, I would be so grateful.  I am willing to travel as there is nobody in my area.  The closest I have found so far is 10 hours away.  I went through the benzodoc list and pretty much exhausted it.  Many of the mds are not seeing patients, or don't actually do the valium crossover.  Thanks for any help in finding someone. 

Why are you so intent on switching to Valium, Klonopin has a decent half life and many people have successfully tapered from it.

[70...]

Shiloh,

I agree with Pam.

In my experience with the Klonopin, in my case .. I reached tolerance to the Klonopin as well, and could not taper any lower than 2.25 mg coming from 4-5 mg a day. I crossed to valium at 45 mg. I did find relief, and the valium has indeed helped me taper. It's no walk in the park, but I have made a 60% decrease from the start of valium until now. I could not have done that on klonopin. That's my experience. No one shoe fits all. So, keep that in mind. Whether the c/o will help or not. It possibly could. Then again, you could just taper off the Klonopin.

Hang in there.  :mybuddy:

I talked to a doc, the one 10 hours away, and he said the valium taper was preferable for a number of reasons.  I can't  recall all he said, but it made sense to me.  After reading many posts and stories on your forum and others, I would prefer to try the c/o method if possible.  I know it's not one size fits all and neither way is a walk in the park.  One thing that concerns me is sleep.  I understand that the valium helps with that.  I am already having a terrible time with sleep and haven't even started yet.  It just makes sense to me that a person would heal more easily if able get adequate sleep.  Just finding a doctor seems almost impossible.

It sounds like you know what you want, but if you're not able to find a Dr who will do this for you, I just wanted you to know it can be done with Klonopin.  It sounds like it's causing you some stress not being able to find a Dr, of course that makes everything worse.  It sounds like you're also tolerant to the dose you're at, is this the case?

Hey, could you add a signature so we can see at a glance what you're currently taking?  Here are the instructions:  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=9432.0

Yes, I have become tolerant to the dose I am at, so that does make things difficult.  Life has been extremely stressful as well.  Lots going on.  Thanks for the suggestions.  I appreciate everyone's support.

Shiloh

Maybe while you're waiting to find a Dr willing, you could begin your taper, since you're so miserable.  Many folks taper on their original drug and then switch to Valium or titration near the end.

Thanks Pamster for the suggestion.  I really appreciate all of you and your interest in my situation.  You are such a blessing.

Shiloh