Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Help please !! Scared to taper anymore

[Sh...]

When i taper I feel lightheaded, get headaches, feel fatigued for almost 15 days and this is when I just go by 7%. I am currently on 0.26mg. I have been on the same dose since 1 month. Rest of the symptoms are gone but I still get headaches with pain in neck and on one side of the head every few days. Gets resolved only after I take Aleve and massage my head and neck. I am so scared to taper further. Please help. I am losing hope that I will ever heal. In September I will complete 3 years on this awful drugs and this is my third attempt on withdrawal. The first two times I was cutting the drug and that did not help as I had severe withdrawal symptoms. Now i am taking a liquid clonazepam. Please help !!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am withdrawing Clonazepam gradually. I started withdrawing from 0.5mg in November 2021 and currently I am on 0.26mg.

Currently on 0.26mg Clonazepam

09/2019 - 0.5 mg clonazepam

Nov 09,2021 - 0.48mg

Dec 07, 2021  0.46 mg

Dec 28, 2021 - 0.44mg

Jan 10, 2022 - 0.4 mg

Jan 25, 2022 - 0.38mg

Feb 24, 2022 - 0.36mg

March 15, 2022 - 0.34 mg

April 10, 2022 - 0.32 mg

April 26, 2022 - 0.3 mg

May 08th, 2022 - 0.28mg

May 23rd, 2022 - 0.26mg

Sorry to hear about your hitting a brick wall. I certainly can relate to the light-headed feeling while tapering Clonazepam.

I wonder if you proceeded even slower if symptoms would abate (?).

Hi Shneh!

I am currently on 0.5 mg on clonazepam. I am planning to taper off in the next week. How did you cut the tablet in such small dose? Did you use a medicine scale to weight of the pills? Please need your advice.

Thanks

Hello Shneh

Looking at your taper numbers in your signature it looks like your monthly percentage is up and down. You might try slowing things down and leveling things out.  try for say 5-6% month.  With a liquid, depending on the ratios, you should be able to take smaller daily or weekly reductions to add up to the 5%.