Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Started last nite.

[Al...]

My usual habit has been to take .25 Xanax around 6 pm and my 30 mg of Temazepam at 9 pm.  Because I have habituated and have insomnia,  I usually wake around 1 AM, take another .25 of X and listen to sleep videos on YouTube until morning with broken sleep pattern.  Last nite I broke the second dose of X into a half which gave me .125 and Im up at 5 AM.  Does this sound like a doable plan and how long should I stay on this taper until I cut the first dose in half at 5 pm?  When Im done with the X Ill tackle the T.  I hope I am on the right track here.

It's me again.  It looks like you started on the right track. Temazepam 30 mg = 1 mg of X.  So your first cut, if my math is right, is 8.3%.  Well within the 5 - 10% reduction recommended.  I'd wait about a couple of weeks and see how I felt before proceeding.

Your second cut should also be between 5 - 10% and also based on your symptoms, if any.  So you'd want to make the calculation based on your reduced dose (i.e. 1.5 - .125 = 1.37).