Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

in agony

[tw...]

Oh, God.

I have been totally off lorazepam for four months after a four year slow taper. At first I was doing well, but now I'm a wreck. I wake up with high anxiety and go to sleep with it. I am barely functional.

I don't know how much of it has to do with other things - things that are happening in the country, my personal situation (I am alone 24/7 and have been for 3 years) - but it is agony. I can barely do my job. Fortunately, it's remote because I doubt I could handle an office anymore.  I'm not sure what disassociating or dysphoria feels like but I might be experiencing it. I would love to take a pill from time to time to get a break but I haven't.

Is this normal? How long will it last? If I occasionally take a pill, will I have to start all over? I'm in agony all day every day.

Hi!

I’m 4 month free of xanax. And also in much worse place that I was a month ago. I really was thinking that I’m almost fully healed and right now I’m bedridden.

It’s non linear, so it’s kinda like watching a tv series in random episode order.

I saw many posts about things getting better around 6 month and things getting worse around 4 month.

Me too. 4 months off Lorazepam. What a life! Or rather what a non-life. Hard to stay strong but no choice really.

Hang in there, we must believe it gets better, it must.

Yes we will get better ! :)

I don’t what causes such a downfall at 3,5-4 month. It’s like some kind of nasty curse.