Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Horrific fear

[b4...]

[b4...]

Cannot calm down. So nervous and having bad irrational fears and panic right now.

I'm so tired of seeing people enjoying life and experiencing positive milestones and fear ill never get there. It's only June and and already I want summer done.

Sunflower,

I completely empathize with you. I have had this horrible horrific fear for over a year now in the last 2 months it's gotten worse than ever and honestly in the last 2 weeks it's really escalated. It's really unbearable. I have night terrors and everything.  It's so hard to sleep and feel functional in any kind of way. I'm hoping for me this could be the worse before it gets better, because it has been so terribly bad that along with other symptoms. I hope it passes for you soon. Hugs!

LiveLife

Hey sunflower.  I am right there with you.  My body will just not calm itself today.  Just a few more hours for me until sundown when it usually settles down.  For now I distract myself with anything/everything.

We will heal.  It may take a lot of time but we will get there.  So many have healed from this!

How are you coping with this today?

JBen,

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling today too. It's good at least settles down for you at night time. Has the fear been pretty much gone for you since the setback? For me it just keeps going. I would consider myself a positive person but lately I've been struggling to stay that way. Hugs!

LiveLife

Hey Live.  The fear is there but it is really manageable.  I am thankful for that.  This latest setback is all about severe chemical physical anxiety and panic.  The anxiety and panic are so intense I can barely breathe.  I truly cannot calm down.  Trying so hard to meditate and my body just wont let me.  It is crazy!

We have to keep going!  This will pass.  I have seen so many heal.  I know I keep saying this but it is really true.  It just takes so dang long!!!

JBen,

Well it's good your fear has gotten better. Although the panic and anxiety is no Cakewalk either. I guess this whole experience is just too much. But we have to stay positive. I know what you mean about trying to meditate when it gets so bad it's difficult. That's what I do to try to get to sleep at night I have to try to meditate myself into a calm state so that I can get some sleep. And you're right I know we will heal I don't doubt that for a minute. But the question is how long is it going to take.

LiveLife

[b4...]
Unfortunately I'm not just dealing with WD. Alot of this is permanent. My beter and healthier days are long gone and in the past.

Awe. That makes me feel sad. I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't even know what to say to that. Although, I'm sure that's not true. I bet you're not a laughing stock and that you would fit in beautifully you're just hard on yourself it sounds like to me. Big hugs coming your way!

LiveLife

[b4...]
Thanks but it's very much a fact. I just work and sleep. Don't care to interact or give opinions on anything.

[b4...]
It's very hard when your whole life is critiqued. You have more than one chronic disease where ppl like to rain on your parade and lecture you because it's not what they would do. You truly feel like this isn't your life but other ppls controlling it and then you want to brag about the good things just to please them and secretly hope to get their approval. Everything i do isnt good enough not just on that subject. I'll be in therapy for probably the rest of my life because of this.

• 1 month later...