Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Looking for Support Please from New Grandpa

[Ne...]

I am joining because I've hit a stumbling block in my taper and would like some input.  I am tapering Klonopin in a daily micro-taper.  I've been shooting for 10% reduction from my previous months dosage.  I have been on Klonopin over 30 years, my max. dose was 1.5mg/daily.  I have tapered down to currently .90g/daily.  I have hit a wall where the symptoms are almost unbearable and would like input on what other people's experience have been with putting a "hold" on their taper.  Thank you.

Hello NewGrandpa, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

It sounds like congratulations are in order, a new grandchild?  I'd like to also congratulate you for taking on this taper because when you're done and recovered, you'll be much more present in your grandchilds life.  So many of our members have said how the drug dulled them and they didn't feel joy because of this so keep that in mind when things are rough like they are now.

Your body is telling you you're going too fast, we suggest tapering using your symptoms as a guide and if they're making you non functional then it would be a good idea to slow things down.

I'll provide some links to help you navigate the forum, I hope you'll create a thread on the taper board so we can give you some pointers, we're glad you're here.

Pamster

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

The Ashton Manual

Hello Pamster,

Yes, a new Grandpa and he is exactly why I am undertaking this taper. I am confused about how to start a new thread?  What do I click on?  Also, I am curious about your info, how on earth did you cold turkey from 6-10mg of Klonopin?? Or did I mis-read something?

Sincerely,

New Grandpa

Excellent incentive NewGrandpa, this is a difficult process but in my opinion, very much worth the effort.  If you'll click on this link it will take you to the titration board.  Once there click on new topic, the blue oval tab at the right of your window, put in a subject title, write your post and then hit post and someone will stop by to offer suggestions for your taper.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=164.0

You didn't mis-read anything, I didn't know the drug had to be tapered so I just stopped, I had no idea what had happened to me but I kept going and eventually recovered from this nightmare.  :)